|seventy five|

Two months had passed since Unaiza was in a coma. Huzaifa visited her regularly and as before, he spent most of his time with her in the hospital. He didn't care for anything, not even his growing and successful career. All he was worried about was her and none else.

This afternoon he reached the hospital later than usual because the main road had got some traffic jam. When he arrived at the OT, the nurse recognized him and gave him a professional smile.

"You are late today, Mr. Huzaifa. She was waiting for you," she murmured, checking Unaiza's drip.

He raised a brow and looked at Unaiza who was the same indifferent as before. Pale face, weak and bandaged-filled body, and mask of artificial oxygen, he every time felt bad seeing her in this state.

"What do you mean she was waiting for me?" He implored, sitting beside Unaiza.

"We had been seeing this for a while. Whenever you visit her, for a long time her condition becomes stable. She becomes easier to handle as compared to when someone else comes to her or you aren't allowed to meet her for hours," she replied, gently.

A smile stuck on his lips as he again regarded Unaiza with the growing love and appreciation. "Do you really think she recognizes me in this state? My voice and my touch. All of it?"

The nurse shrugged her shoulders. "There's is a high probability. It's not peculiar for coma patients to recognize some dear one's touch and voice."

The nurse left after that and Huzaifa was left alone with Unaiza. He grabbed her hand and as usual, planted a kiss there. "If you recognize my touch and my voice, then your heart must also feel a connection to my heart. Doesn't it feel the love I have for you?

He sighed seeing her still calmly sleeping. He ran his thumb over the back of her wrist. "Ask your heartbeats to stop this anger and beat in a sync with mine, Iza. Just once open your eyes and look what storm my life has become without you. It has no direction, it has no motive and it has no desire. It's dimensionless and dark without you. As though without you, I didn't know how to move on. Become selfless, Iza, and think about me. Wake up for me. I was an impatient man and you even made me learn patience as well. But have mercy on me too now. My heart can't bear this surge of love alone. It needs another heart to share it with."

He pressed her knuckles against his lips. "The nurse said that you wait for me and you can hear me. Can you hear the fact that I love you?"

Again seeing no response from her, Huzaifa suddenly left her hand. "You have become very stone-hearted, Unaiza. You are teasing your husband like this. Maybe I should now let you live with this anger of yours. Become indifferent however you want and I'll talk to you only once you will open your eyes."

He stood up, glancing at Unaiza's stilled face. "Tarpau tum apne shohar ko bas, larki. Jab the gi, tu mere pyar k shiddatton se main bhi koi kasar nhi chorrun ga, madam."