Chapter 2 To be human

To be human, what is it? How can a being be human? Humans call each other non-humans, but why? Would they say I was a human? Take me as one of them even though I most clearly am not of their kind? To that, I thought no. But apparently I was wrong.

A week. That's how long I've been a human. Well, not an actual human, a being that humans have some how said I am one of them. I started school a week ago, and no one suspects a thing. I live on my own, with the exception of a maid, who may, or may not, be my food source...

Anyways, I've been blending in, I've been acting like a human, yet I still feel the same as I did with the vamps. I can't find a coven - or family, whatever the humans call them. Why are humans so weird? I've had so many of the women stare at me, yet no one rats me out. Did I walk into a school of vampire-humans instead of humans? Vampire humans, the only vampires that can fully blend in with humans. They eat, sleep, talk, look and age the same as the humans, yet they can choose at any point in their life to drink human blood. Once they've drank it, that's it, they are a vampire. But, no, I don't think these are vampire humans, I wonder what it is? Although, it is only girls that are staring at me -
"Um, excuse me?" A girl to my right called, "A friend dared me to come and say hi. She also told me to tell you I've had a crush on you ever since you got here, and are you single?"
That completely caught me off guard.
"Umm, are you talking to me?" I asked her.
"Um, well, who else would I? I mean, you are the only decent looking guy around here. Have you seen the others?!?! And, well, I just thought..."
She went on and on, but I zoned out, looking at all the other guys in the school. They looked pretty decent to me. That's when I realised, I'm a vampire, I have a unique glow that attracts my prey, or in other words, human girls. So, my instincts are telling me I need to eat someone other than my maid. During math class I decided I would have a party, on Friday. It would be the 13th, so that'd make it even funnier for me.

...

Wednesday 11th

My first class was Design. Because I am one of the best students, and my class has an uneven amount of people, I am able to work alone. Which helps me, as I can think, and not have to lash out and eat someone every time they get something wrong. Also, sometimes it is after lunch, and as I cannot eat at lunch, so I can quench my thirst. But all that changed today...

Today a new girl came into class, so mr. Kelpson made her sit next to me. I had eaten this morning, lucky. Or maybe not. As soon as she sat next to me, I had this urge, I'd never felt it before. It was like, like a stab in my stomach. As soon as I felt it, I knew it must've been hunger. About halfway through the class I spoke my first words...
"Hey, so, um, how has your first day been so far?"
She looked at me like... WFT?
I asked her "what's wrong?"
"Your talking, to me?!"
"Um, yeah, why wouldn't I? We are partners, aren't we?"
"Well, yeah, I just thought, you know, even though we are partners, someone like you would never talk to me!"
"What's wrong with me?" I asked, although I already knew the answer
"Well, your so," she looked around to make sure no one was listening, she leaned in and whispered the word "hot"
"Why are you whispering?" I asked her "Well, I mean, you are, and I may be the only one that thinks that..."
I couldn't help but burst out laughing.
"Um, is something wrong?" She asked
"Oh, just that probably 10 girls have asked me out... Today!!!"
I started laughing again. My food shouldn't make me laugh, I'm getting too attached. Okay, I thought, time to make my move
"Hey, so I'm having this party on Friday, and all the people in the year will be there, so it would be a good time to get to know people, and..."
She cut me off by saying
"Wait, are you asking me out? Or inviting me to the party?"
"Oh no" I said "just asking you if you wanna come" I laughed to myself
"Oh, well, um, sure, I guess. I think I'm free"
"Great" I said "we can get to know each other a bit more there then..."
I laughed at my own words, as she did not know what I meant by it deep down...