dominic

She's so gorgeous. I can't truly formulate a response when she's so pretty. "Well - when my mother called about the Vienna trip, she asked if I was bringing a girlfriend. I wasn't thinking, I-"

"They think - they think I'm your girlfriend?" 

I'm your girlfriend were words I'd never think would ever come out of her mouth. Partly because I'd kill any man she said it to, and partly because I didn't think I'd ever hear them. I smooth my hair back, trying to remain the picture of casual collectiveness all whilst going insane. She wets her lips, her knuckles turning white around an extremely important file. I walk over to her, pry the file from her hand - she doesn't shy away when our hands touch, but she stumbles back quickly to put it away. "Green. My mother is absolutely ecstatic. If I'd told her it was a mishap, she'd cry. It's only a week, and you know me well enough - it won't seem fake. We can say we called the relationship off afterwards due to it getting in the way of work." 

"We should talk about this later," she's breathing heavily, so I can tell it's overwhelming her. 

"I know a new steakhouse. We can meet meet there tonight and discuss it, if you want? Take the rest of the day off. I have no other meetings, and it's getting quiet. Erykah - Green, just go home." 

She practically sprints from her office after a quick cleanup, leaving me in the dust. I return to my office before practically dying. It was something between the most amazing opportunity in the world and the most stupid thing I could ever do. It was exhilarating. 

I stopped my car outside of her apartments and leaned against it, a cigarette between my fingers. She exited her building, slowing down slightly when she saw me. She looked entirely different - she was wearing a maxi black evening dress with ivory flounce on the bottom and cap sleeves that revealed a rich expanse of her tanned skin. Tall slingback heels made her height rival mine, though I still proved taller than her when she finally reached me. She held in her hand a small purse, rings embezzling her fingers with one thin golden bangle on her wrist. Teardrop earrings flow from her lobes, revealed by her slick back up-do - the same one she wears for work. "Evening," she says curtly. I open the door for her before walking around to my side of the car. 

"Erykah," I drawl. "I see you checked the dress code." 

"It was instinct," she replies. I'm unsure if the blush on her cheeks is real or not, but her flustered expression definitely is. "You can pull out of this," I murmur, trying to focus on the road ahead of me when Erykah is right there. "Don't want you to think I'm forcing you, or anything." 

"I've talked to your mother a few times - I would never disappoint her," she replies tenderly. Her smile is so genuine I almost crash into the lane next to me before gathering my thoughts. "She adores you. I think she'll be glad I'm with you - well, pretending to be with you," I say quickly. I'm the youngest CEO in the world, famed for my looks and personality, and I can barely formulate a proper sentence around her. I use one hand to steer as I fix my hair, pulling into a parking space and getting up. 

I walk around to her side of the car, drawing the passenger seat open. She takes the hand I offer, an impressed expression coaxing her lips into a smirk. I lightly kick the door closed behind us, mourning her warmth when her hand drifts from mine. 

It's opening night, so I made sure we got a table in the VIP lounge. Of course, I wasn't expecting my sister and her husband to be dining on the other side of the lounge. I move closer to Erykah, my hand slipping over hers as I lean down to say, "my sister is here. At least we can get in some practise."