23 | 𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐃𝐃𝐈𝐓𝐂𝐇

'Six tall goalposts, four flying balls and fourteen players on broomsticks.'

chapter twenty three
quidditch

Alicia was invited to a Quidditch Match for the weekend. Gryffindor versus Slytherin.

"This is my first time watching a quidditch match." Alicia smiled to herself, still wishing that it was Lisa instead of Umbridge sitting next to her.

"Really?" The older woman asked in surprise. "They don't hold those in the U.S.?"

Alicia managed a faux smile as Umbridge laughed at her own stupid joke. "I've just been too busy to attend one."

"Oh, hefty work." Umbridge hummed as the captains shaked hands on the field. "Our school teams are good too. The Slytherins are, at least. Can't be too sure of these Gryffindors."

The balls were released and the fourteen players shot upwards. The Keepers streaked off towards the goal-hoops as the Seekers gazed around for the glint of gold.

"And it's Johnson— Johnson with the Quaffle, what a player that girl is, I've been saying it for years but she still won't go out with me—" Lee Jordan began the commentary.

"JORDAN!" McGonagall yelled.

"--– just a fun fact, Professor, adds a bit of interest – and she's ducked Warrington, she's passed Montague, she's – ouch – been hit from behind by a Bludger from Crabbe. . . Montague catches the Quaffle, Montague heading back up the pitch and – nice Bludger there from George Weasley, that's a Bludger to the head for Montague, he drops the Quaffle, caught by Katie Bell, Katie Bell of Gryffindor reverse- passes to Alicia Spinnet and Spinnet's away –"

"Looks like a fun game." Alicia smiled to herself, her eyes following the movement of the quaffles as Lee's commentary rang through the stadium.

"– dodges Warrington, avoids a Bludger – close call, Spinnet– and the crowd are loving this, just listen to them, what's that they're singing?"

And as Lee paused to listen, the song rose loud and clear from the sea of green and silver in the Slytherin section of the stands :

'Weasley cannot save a thing,

He cannot block a single ring,

That's why Slytherins all sing:

Weasley is our King.

'Weasley was born in a bin

He always lets the Quaffle in

Weasley will make sure we win