¥ 7

Nadina Raelynn Diggs

Same day

I was sitting on Jamal's lap, facing him while we sat in his car. "When you gonna be mine?" I looked up from my phone. Me and him were both high; he smoked while I ate an edible.

"What did you say?" I looked around, feeling like somebody was watching us. I had a bad feeling in my stomach, but I couldn't put my finger on it. 

I shook my head, wrapping his arms around my waist. "When you gonna be mine, ma?" I moved my eyes from side to side. "You talking to me?" I pointed to myself.

He smacked his lips. "Duh, who else?" I laughed. "I'm not sure about all that." I cleared my throat, looking around once more, getting that feeling again.

"Bruh, you playing, I'm trying to give you the world," he said, rubbing on my backside, close to my butt.

 I looked back at him. "What if I don't want the world?" I tilted my head.

He smiled. "Then I'ma give you whatever you want." I smiled. "I already got what I want." He bit his lip. "And what's that?" 

Damn, sure ain't you. I'm talking about my man. He was finna kiss me but got cut off by gunshots flying through the window.

Screaming, and ducking down, I said a small prayer in my head. I heard Jamal groan, then he fell on me.

A few minutes later, they stopped. I leaned up, looking around, then at Jamal, seeing him slumped on my shoulder. 

"J-Jamal," I called him. I tapped him. "J-Jamal, quit playing, bro."

I shook him harshly, then pushed his body up. I looked at his body, seeing blood oozing out of him and it was all over my hands. 

Everything started moving slowly. I looked at his face, screaming. I saw four shots: one to the head, one on each eyeball, and one on the side of his face. I screamed, crying. I reached for the door handle.

I hurriedly got out, crying. There was blood all over me. I felt it all over my body. 

I felt somebody touch my back. I screamed again, but it was covered. I silently cried. 

"Shhhhhh, RayRay, I got you," hearing NJ's voice, I turned around.

He didn't say anything, just grabbed my arm, pulling me, running around the corner, across the street. 

We ran to an alleyway. That's when I heard police cars. I saw a truck sitting in the alleyway.

"Get in the truck," I shook my head, backing away. "Bruh, we gotta go," Rambo stuck his head out of the driver's window.

NJ just pushed me towards the back door while I cried. He opened the door, seeing Spark with a ski mask on, and K2 beside him. 

Everybody had a ski mask on, but I knew who each of them was by the way they were built.

He pushed me in, closing it back, and went to the back of the trunk, opening it, taking something out, doing something.

Putting something back in the trunk, closing it, and got in the front. My hands shook as blood was all over me. Rambo pulled off.

"What just happened?" I cried, asking no one in particular. Everybody just stayed quiet. My ears were still ringing a little bit, making me grab them.

I pulled my legs to my chest, rocking back and forth. "I almost died," I mumbled. I repeated what I said but in a questionable tone and burst out crying, putting my head in my arms.

I felt a hand on my back. I flinched, turning to Spark. "Don't fuckin' touch me," I yelled at him. He took his hand off my back, not saying anything.

"Why did y'all do that, bro? I didn't even get the head yet," I threw my hands up, letting them flop down as I cried.