Chapter 28

Next few days passed in a blur with me helping Maasi and Kishan. The welcomed me warmly never even make me feel outsider for a bit. Maasi told me about my mother how much she loved me and how she was so happy to have me. Maasi and Kishan both got emotional remembering those days. I always try to busy myself with work or having conversation with anyone even with cattles or crops or just non-living things, because now I don't trust my thoughts that they will not be drifted towards Rana sa. 

I sometimes have this strong urge to go to see him to know how he must be feeling. How he must be doing. Maybe after my departure he would be planning his wedding with Manavi. I don't know why that thought left a sour taste in my mouth.

Even when I have wronged him, lied to him but my heart still does not believe that he will replace me with someone else. Or maybe I do not know him at all. 

I am doing my best to avoid these thoughts I started singing some folk song almost shouting loudly so that my mind could stop thinking about Rana sa for a little while.

"Raunak you seem lost dear?" Maasi asked me suddenly startling me. I looked at her concerned face and smiled at her.

"No, why would you think that?" I asked her keeping my calm, before coming here I never had any control over my emotions whatever I felt could be easily read by my face but this new Raunak has learned to properly hide her emotions from everybody.

"I was calling you for a long time you were not responding. You were just looking at the floor smiling like an idiot" She teased me.

"No it's nothing like that. I was just thinking of my friend at palace" I lied to her feeling embaressed. 

"I don't believe you but I think you will tell me if you feel like it" She said not pondering too much.

"Raunak go and bring some mangoes from the Kunti's field and give her some rice in exchange of that. I want to make some pickle for you. You always ate pickle in your childhood" She said handing me bag full of rice.

Kunti chachi lives just a street away from us. She has the biggest garden of mangoes in the village. I go to her and gave her the bag of rice and after that I go to the garden to pluck mangoes. They smell so delicious I am going to eat them raw. There were other women along with me that were plucking mangoes while talking to each other.

"Did you hear that our Kingdom is being attacked by the King of Malwa, that cruel ruler. Last time in war many of our family members were martyred and now again we are going to face the same fate" A women said to another.

"We can not blame him this time really our King should not have betrayed have that way. My father-in-law works there he told us that our King has swapped the bride, our princess with a commoner. When the truth was revealed to him he immediately annouced a war against our Kingdom" The other woman said to other ones.

They all gasped hearing that.

"How can he do that he have wronged us to now our family memebers and relatives are going to be martyred just because of him. He is a worst ruler, he can not even ensure the safety of his kingdom. The royal palace is just to self centered and selfish. They do not deserve our loyalty. They have played wit our lives" She said angrily to other women.

I left immediately after filling my bag full of mangoes. I could not process what they have said. A War. He must be outraged to take this huge step. I can imagine hatred in his eyes for me. Is it because of me? Am I the reason of this war? 

If I had not been ran away from me he would have just punished me and then his anger would be dissipated but I did the most idiotic thing one can do. I would also hate him if he just run away from me without explaining himself. He must be thinking that I am some sort of spy or messenger or even worse. Maa sa will also be hating me. 

I don't know what to do anymore If there is even a way for me to go back and make anything better. Or I will just make it worse with one more bad decision.

I should talk to Maasi. She is like my mother, she will give me right direction. It's time when I tell her truth and its time when I come clean with everyone. I have done the deed and now I should stand up to face consequences. 

I came home immediately she was doing her normal house chores. I waited patiently for her do complete it.

At evening she came to site beside me.

"Raunak she seem tense. Have someone said something to you? Tell me I am going to beat them up?" She said with determination in her voice.

"No. Nothing like that. Actually I have to tell you something and I am gathering enough confidence to tell you" I said to her feeling distressed. She nodded her head signalling me to continue.

"Maasi you must be wondering why I decided to come here after so long after so many years? why did I not come earlier If I could? " 

"I did not think much about it I was so happy to see you. I promised your sister to keep you happy but never got any chance to fulfil it. When I saw you I feel relived that now I can give you happiness and love" She said hugging me and kissed on my cheeks lovingly.

"Maasi actually there is something I never told you" I said and her face become serious listening me intently.

A/N: Hi guys!!!

I hope you guys like the flow of our story. I had my exams going hence the late updates. But I try to write whenever I get time. I also have to achieve good grades or my parents are going to kill me. ha ha it was just joke

Well see you all in next chapter. Please vote n pleawse 

Bye Bye