Chapter 12 - The Results Are In

Jenson POV

Present Day

I am a basket case, more so than I was before. Charlie is missing. Her clothes are gone as well as her SUV and I can't sense anything through the mate bond. It is a black void. My wolf is still missing, I am lost without true north.

I have sent out some of my best trackers, but they can't track scents that have left in vehicles. I have notified all Alpha's and the Alpha Commander of my missing Luna and asked for discretion. I contacted my private investigator. Hopefully, she will be found soon.

In the meantime, I am done with Ms. Vincent. Everything points to her being behind an attempted mate tampering, which ironically, I played into her hands by allowing Charlie to go without knowing the full extent of the crime. I should have told Charlie when I got back from the Alpha's conference. I was just so embarrassed and had no wolf. I have learned a lesson to be totally honest and not hold anything back from my mate again. If I ever get her back.

Dr. Bridgit called me to the clinic for my test results. I see both Dr. Bridgit and Dr. Shannon mulling over some documents in a file. Looking up, Dr. Bridgit addresses me. "Ah, Alpha, let's go to my office to discuss our findings." I nod, while Dr. Bridgit leads the way, Dr. Shannon and I trailing behind.

Dr. Bridgit seats herself at her desk and opens the file. "I'm not going to beat around the bush. We have problems." She eyes me as Dr. Shannon and I take the two armchairs in front of her desk. "Let's start with the tea. It definitely has traces of weak black magic. Whoever prepared it doesn't really know what they are doing. If Ms. Vincent is practicing herself, there may be a grimoire in her room. You should have her room searched. Here's a list of the ingredients we were able to determine the tea contains. Most are inert." She shoved a piece of paper across the desk. "Unfortunately, it does contain wolfsbane."

She pulled out another sheet, handing it to me. "This is your blood toxicology report. You can see the high levels of wolfsbane indicated. The results are all over the place. There doesn't appear to be any other poisons. But for the levels of wolfsbane in your blood being so high, she was probably heavily dosing your food and drinks at the conference, and slipped you a large amount to render you and your wolf unconscious. This explains your missing wolf."

I wasn't surprised. It is exactly what we thought. I scrubbed my face. "How long will it take to work out of my system?"

"If you're reading this on teenfic site or similar ones, you're reading on a mirror site. To read this (and other stories) by the actual author for free, go to Wattpad/Mellie_readsnwrites."

COPYRIGHT © 2024 by Mellie_readsnwrites

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form by any means, including photocopying, recording or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the author.

"I don't know." Dr. Bridgit admitted. "I have never seen such high levels in a wolf walking around. You should be more debilitated. It speaks to your strength. We can treat it relatively easily. But we need to watch for damage to your system...to your wolf."

"There is another issue we need to address." Dr. Bridgit continued. "If you and Luna Charlie didn't use c0nd0ms, such high concentrations could have made it into her through bodily fluids."

"What?" I exclaimed.

"Probably not enough to be dangerous, but she isn't as strong as you. It would be imperative to administer treatment to her, as soon as possible."

"I have an army searching for her." I croak.

"Additionally," She handed me another report. "This is your lab sémén analysis report. I realize that doesn't make a lot of sense, motility, morphology and spérm count, but in simple terms, you are 99.9% infertile. Based on these conclusions alone, it is highly unlikely that the pup Ms. Vincent is carrying belongs to you."