Chapter 6: What do we do now?

Valkyrie P.O.V:

Skulduggery Pleasant is Lord Vile. Heh, Skulduggery Pleasant is THE Lord Vile. I can't believe it. I just can't. He told me that Lor- he had done terrible things in the war. I don't know what to think of it. I don't know how to think of it. But I know that I can forgive him. I've known him for six years now and I trust him with my life. Skulduggery wouldn't do anything bad, I know he won't...

We are still in the car on our way to Skulduggery's house. He is being oddly quiet. But then again, he's probably thinking of a way to get out of this case. You know, since there's like, no point anymore. Anyway, Skulduggery parked the Bentley on his driveway and we got into his house. I took of my jacket and dropped it onto the floor by the door. He bent down, folded my jacket and put it on the arm chair as I flopped onto the sofa.

"So what do we do now?" I asked.

He hesitated,"I'm not so sure."

I sat up,"Well we have to do something or something bad will happen."

"Something bad always happens. That's how we roll."

"Well, yeah but like, we need to figure something out now or they'll know who Vile is and then who knows what will happen after that."

He paused,"Well I think we have already changed what happens in the vision. You didn't know who Vile was in the future."

"You're right... But we can't just do nothing. We have to figure out a way to delay what might happen."

"We could try and destroy the armour."

"And how do you think we can do that? You can't just destroy shadows."

He tilted his head,"We always find a way my dear Valkyrie. We just have to go to a Necromancer Temple."