Chapter 2

The City, 2008
April, 13
.
.
.
"How much longer will this be?" Withered Foxy complained, his arms permanently crossed over his chest, and his hook was messing with his tattered fur holes.

"Not long." Marionette said calmly.

"Arg, that's not being specific! Are ya' sure we're even goin' the right way?" He growled angrily.

"Very much. I've checked out this place before, even located it on a monitor."

"Foxy, if you didn't want to come, you could have just stayed behind." Withered Chica spoke out to him, her voice showing her annoyance when her eyes wouldn't.

"I do want to come along, the old place wasn't good!"

"Then stop complaining like a child, or we'll never get there."

Withered Foxy scoffed, tilting his head to his right. "Whatever..."

They had been walking for a considerable amount of time, but nobody was for sure how long. Marionette said it was only an hour, but it felt like it had been much longer than that. Toy Freddy was holding onto Mangle, Withered Freddy was holding onto boxes, Toy Bonnie was holding onto a box, and Toy Chica was holding a box. They didn't have much to bring with them, but it was enough to be reminded of their old home once they moved.

Withered Golden Freddy was following just behind. Shadow Freddy had possessed the suit to move it, because they weren't sure if the suit was going to be fixed if they had broken it up. RWQFSFASXC said they would be around sometimes, but was not currently with them, out into the unknown to do whatever his powers could allow him to. "Likely scaring children." Shadow Freddy would joke.

They were mostly walking in silence, but they had not at all been stopped by a police officer, random citizen, or anything else. They might have gotten stares and glares, but nobody did much about them, even though large, 5-6 foot animal robots walking in a city would be very concerning or odd at least.

After quite a few moments, a building started to come into view. It was in a line plot, surrounded by a road and buildings, had a front parking lot, and no sign to claim it. It was a mostly tan building, a red door for the entrance, a few windows on the front, and checker-patterns with light and dark tans where there weren't large pillar-frames.

"Is that it?" Toy Freddy asked Marionette.

"Indeed it is."

"Finally..." Withered Foxy muttered under his breath.

They approached the building quickly, crossing the street and stepping into the parking lot. Marionette was the first to get to the door, being the most eager to get inside. The door was locked with a padlock.

"Withered Freddy, you brought the tools, correct?" The Marionette turned back to him.

"...E'yup!" Paused for just a moment, then smiled and nodded.

"Do you have two wrenches?" She asked.

"...Uh..." He got onto one knee, placing his two boxes down, then opening the first one. He looked through it, then pulled two out. "Yeah, five actually! But they're not the same size."

"They don't need to be."

Withered Bonnie took the wrenches from Withered Freddy, and walked to give them to Marionette. She grabbed the wrenches from him, put one jaw of each into the lock's arms, then with a quick push, the wrenches pulled outward, and the lock burst open from its hinge. She took the wrenches out, took the lock off, and opened the door.

"Marionette, isn't this breaking and entering?" Balloon Boy asked.

"Yeah, that's illegal isn't it? I don't wanna go to jail!" JJ exclaimed.

"We're going to be living and performing here, which means we'll have to talk to the county about getting it open. It'll be fine, as long as you all don't try to mess things up in that process." She told them, then floated into the building, the wrenches and lock still in her hand.

The other animatronics were a bit hesitant, but decided to follow as well. Withered Freddy closed the box again, then took the other one as well, and walked in just behind Withered Chica. The first room was like the prize corner, but empty with no shelves, and a door leaning into an unlabeled room. To the left as they walked, there was a large stage on the left, and to the right, a large area with unclothed wooden tables.

"Withered Freddy, Toy Bonnie and Chica, come with me to put the boxes away. Shadow Fred, come along too." Marionette ordered of them, beckoning with a hand as she moved towards a separate door.

The four came along, and the others that stayed behind explored eagerly. Especially Mangle, who climbed the wall into the air ducts like she always would.

Once they were in the door Marionette walked into, they set the boxes down on the table. Shadow Freddy stayed by the corner.

"Shadow Fred, you may leave that suit."

He paused for a moment, checked the floor cautiously, then took a seat onto the ground, and the suit went lifeless as his darkened body seeped out, and back into his original form.

"You can go exploring now if you'd like. We have some time to get settled in."

"Thank goodness..." Toy Bonnie sighed before Toy Chica took his hand, and walked off with him.

Withered Freddy walked out as well, probably going to see Withered Bonnie. But Shadow Freddy stayed behind, and turned to Marionette hopefully, opening their arms towards her.

"...What?" She asked with a confused expression.

Shadow Freddy opened and closed their hands, signaling they wanted a hug from her. They couldn't speak, but they were pretty easy to read anyways. Marionette sighed, then stepped closed to him, and lazily wrapped one arm around them in a slight hug. Shadow Freddy let out a tiny squeak, then evaporated into the air like they usually did.

Phase one and two were now complete. Phase three would be to find the newest animatronics, open the place, and everything should run smoothly. As long as nobody got in the way of things.

———

•words : 1021•