Apology

Caitlyn's POV

Caitlyn and Vi were sitting at the table in the living room of the Kiramman's house. "Who do you think killed the boy?", Vi asked. Caitlyn shook her head. "I don't know. Jinx?" It was Vi's turn to shake her head now. "No, Jinx's badge are her bombs and her machine gun. Besides, we would've heard something from Ekko by now. No, that boy was slaughtered by someone. Did you see the scratches and cuts all over his body? Looked like some wild animal attacked him." Caitlyn dropped her head, lost in her thoughts. After a little while, she said: "But what animal capable of doing something like this would be able to wander around Piltover unseen? The crime scene was not even a hundred meters from the council building. I don't get it." She sighed. "Well, it is clear that this wasn't a coincidence", Vi said. As Caitlyn looked puzzled, she explained: "I mean, Jinx destroys the council building and not even 24 Hours later that boy gets murdered, with a note that says 'this is just the beginning'. Whoever did this used the chaos Jinx's bomb has caused and the person's not done yet." She leaned back with a worn-out look on her face. Caitlyn thought intensively about the murder. She didn't really believe that it was an animal who murdered the boy. Someone would have noticed that. But she also couldn't really imagine a human hurting the boy like that. Anyway, the crime was a welcoming distraction from her actual concerns. Cait didn't want to think about her mom, badly hurt and with her life at risk. She and her mom often argued, still she couldn't bear losing her. "...Cupcake?" Cait rose up her head, torn out from her thoughts just to find Vi staring at her with a concerned expression. "Sorry, what did you say?", Cait said. Vi looked down for a moment, then said: "Listen, Cupcake. I'm sorry- for everything that happened. I hope your mom will be okay." Cait looked at her and suddenly remembered Vi leaving her alone in the rain. She tried to find the right words for a second, then said: "It wasn't your fault. Jinx shot the bomb, not you." Vi scoffed softly and said: "Well, since I'm the reason Jinx is who she is now, it is my fault. And for that, I'm sorry." Cait scoffed and then retorted: "You know, I don't even blame you for that because you were just kids back then and yes, I can even understand Jinx. It does not mean that I tolerate what she's doing but I do now understand why she did it. That is not what's bothering me right now. Do you know what is?" She paused for a second and looked Vi dead in the eye. "What's bothering me right now is that you left me in the rain when I was literally trying to help you. I mean, I can understand why you don't trust me, all right. 'I'm a topsider and an Enforcer on top', fine. But I am not your enemy. I just wanted to help and you're leaving me standing there like an idiot, saying we're just 'oil and water'?! You might not believe it, but us topsiders actually have feelings that can be hurt!" Caitlyn's voice had become louder while speaking and she almost screamed those last words. She hadn't meant to freak out like that but it was just all the burden and stress and sadness and anger from the last few days bursting out of her. Vi looked at her with an indistinct look in her eyes. Then she dropped her head and laid her face in her hands. "I didn't mean to walk off like that, Cupcake", she murmured through her hands. "I was just- I was angry because the fucking council doesn't give a shit what's happening to the Undercity. I didn't want to hurt your feelings, I'm sorry." Vi lifted her head to look Caitlyn in the eyes for a moment, then let it sink again. "And don't get me wrong, Cupcake", Vi added. "It's not like I don't want to have you around, but I just can't." She sighed sadly. Caitlyn felt as if Vi had punched her in the face right now. "Why is that?", she whispered with a broken voice, almost impossible to hear. Vi picked up her words anyway. "I'm always getting in trouble, Cupcake. You've seen that yourself. And I don't want to put you in danger." "I would take any sort of danger for you." Cait spoke those words before even realizing what she was saying, but she meant every single one of it. Vi stared at her in shock, then a little smile showed up on her face. She slowly reached out her hand and stroke Caitlyn's cheek. Then her face went serious. "Cupcake, I l-", she started. Abruptly, the door to the living room was bashed wide open. Both Caitlyn and Vi jumped up, startled. Caitlyn's dad appeared in the door. "Caitlyn!", he exclaimed. Cait let out a sigh of relief. At least her dad was okay. "Dad!" She pulled him into a hug. Deep down, she was a little disappointed that he had shown up now. Vi had been trying to say something to her, but what? She let go of her father and turned to Vi. "You already know each other, right?" Her dad nodded, then shook Vi's hand. "Nice to meet you again. Vi, isn't it?" Vi nodded, a little surprised. "Can Vi sleep here tonight?", Cait asked her dad. Vi blushed a little and said: "I don't want to cause any trouble, I'll be just fine sleeping in the Under-" "Of course, you can sleep here as long as you want", Cait's dad interrupted friendly. " Cait, I'm going to sleep in the hospital tonight. I'll inform you if anything happens. So, you have the house for yourselves" He smirked at Caitlyn and winked with a very telling expression. Cait blushed. "Umm-" But her dad was already out of the door. Cait turned back to Vi, who was standing there a little clueless. "What was it that you were gonna say?" "Nevermind", Vi sighed. Then she looked up at Caitlyn again. "So, are we solving this crime or not?" A smile appeared on Caitlyn's face. "Let's get started then, I suppose", she said.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey, I really hope you like my story-sorry if there are some grammar mistakes, I'm not a native English speaker, but I'll try my best. This part was a little bit boring, sorry for that, but I'm trying to do a build-up... Please leave a comment if you have feedback for me (what you like and what I could do better). I'm trying to update regularly, so stay tuned :)

-L
TRIGGER WARNING IN THE DESCRIPTION