Chapter 4

CHAPTER 4

I was not ready to see Cassandra, so not ready to face the queen bitch herself. So I took a few breathers before I stepped outside, reminding myself for the thousandth time to not let her get to me anymore. We're grown adults now, she shouldn't be able to affect me like she did in high school. I'm a mature man, a successful actor and model, which earned everything I had after Harvard.

I walked out confidently, big strides at a time. But, of course, one can not be too confident, because then, at that exact moment, I slammed into something...or rather someone since, you know, I felt boobs. My eyes widened a fraction in embarrassment for being such a klutz and not watching where I was going, until my eyes fell upon who I slammed into.

At first all I saw was long blonde hair, which was way too yellow, but then she lifted her head, in the almost exact same facial expression I probably had on and I felt my heart drop. Of course, Of course I just had to bump into the one girl who I wanted to avoid at all costs - which of course would never have worked out if she were going to be my co-actress.

She let out a breath and took a step back, with a nervous smile, shoving her hand out in front of her, as a hand-shake gesture and I looked at her hand bewildered. What the flying fuck was going on? Why the hell would she shaked my hand? Did she not know who I wa-

"Thankyou, you saved my ass back there. Literally." She laughed, and my mind stopped functioning for a moment there. I think I went into either shock or disappointment that she didn't even bother to remember who I was. I stood there, pinching my lips together, my arm didn't dare to move a muscle. She got the hint I think, and quickly glanced away, uncomfortably and cleared her throat, dropping her arm.

Jesus, she was still as gorgeous as I remembered, her face is flawless as always - now probably with the help of expensive make-up, her legs were long and toned in the playsuit she was wearing. Although the girl was one of the shortest models in the industry - yes, I admit to reading her entire portfolio, sue me, she knew how to showcase her best assets - her sexy as hell legs. She shifted her feet and licked her lips.

"Uh, well, thanks once again. I'm Cassandra." She mutters, trying to continue this dead conversation. I realised that I haven't spoken a word this entire time. Shit. For some reason, her introduction ticked me off; probably because it heightened my disappointment of her not knowing who I was, she had to introduce herself. I felt my body tense and I simply nodded. "You're welcome. I'm Isaac Anderson." I replied back emotionlessly. I couldn't help the floodgate of memories open when I introduced myself to the girl who I despised, the memories came flashing back like a flood, graduation.

I walked off before I did something I would regret - like yell at her all the things I've kept bottled up for five years. Almoat 97% of them were insults, and the other 3% were how much I mourned to be one of the guys she would notice. Hell did she notice me now. Because I wasn't that lanky, pimply, tall, pale geek. It was expected that a girl like her would care about appearance over anything else. All the guys she ever dated were in the popular crowd, she never dared to step a class lower, afraid of reputation. I scoff, shaking my head as I reach for my phone, only to hear Jess' voice yell my name.

I whirled around so fast, I was sure my neck was going to suffer a bad whiplash. "You came!" I breatheout, relieved, that Jess wasn't as mad as I thought she was. It's been a week since we've spoken to eachother - a week since she told me off and accused me of auditioning because she thought I knew Cassandra was auditioning. She snorted and rolled her eyes, hugging me tightly.

"Can't escape from me that easily, hotshot." She teases, glancing around the large room, before leaning into my ear, and whispering, "Did you see her yet?" She asks as if she's telling me the biggest secret in her entire life, and I chuckle.