Chapter 5

CHAPTER 5 

*Picture of Cassandra*

The awkward silence. I have never had the unfortunate moment of an 'awkward' silence before in my years of acting, apart from, you know, graduation...but that's a different story. Currently I was sitting in front of Cassandra's solid gaze on me, with Jessica sitting beside me silently. She hadn't moved since she sat down, afraid she would so something wrong in front of 'famous people and paparazzi'.

"So...," Another cast member, Kathleen Carter, sliced through the awkward tension easily, she played the roll as Anna, Paige's best-friend. "I would, firstly, like to make a toast to congratulate everyone and getting a role in the most amazing film, ever!" She cheered, raising her champagne glass with a grin erupting on her red lips as she stood up. Everyone cheered and raised their glasses, clinking their glasses together – well except for the people not part of the cast.

Ehem, Derek Moore.

Jessica sat idly to the side as I leant back from clinking of glasses with a laugh, trying my hardest to ignore Cassandra. Ironic that now she decides to notice me, now that I'm famous and successful, but when I was that lanky teenager in love with her, she ignored me, just like the rest of them.

"And of course, congratulations to Isaac Anderson and Cassandra Marshall on getting the lead couple! I have to admit, you two do look ravishing together." Kathleen giggles, with a teasing smile, winking at Cassandra's direction, who instantly blushed with a small smile, until her eyes landed on mine, noticing that I was staring at her, I instantly looked away and saw Jessica's narrowing gaze on us, before she sipped her glass and cleared her throat, giving me a raise of her eyebrows.

Soon the food came, much to everyone's delight, even though the entrée was barely the size of the plate, it was only about a quarter, but quality over quantity, right? I watched in amusement as Jessica stared at the dish she had ordered as her entrée in amazement, taking photos of it. "It's so pretty! The texture, design..." She starts to ramble as I watch her in amusement, it was entertaining, watching her eyes widen every time a new dish came out, or her excitement as she took the photos. I soon drifted off as she kept talking and glanced at Cassandra who was talking to Kathleen, her bright red lipstick, making her look even more radiant than she already was. She truly was a sight to behold, but I couldn't let her beauty get in the way anyway. She was like a seductress without even knowing it.

"Isaac! Are you even listening to me?" She snaps, and I blink, looking at her. "Wha- oh yeah, uh, your...food." I try guessing hesitantly, she rolls her eyes and eats another piece of her Barramundi. "Boys." Was all she said, until I saw in the corner of my eye, a red movement, and glanced up to see Cassandra standing up and excusing herself in a fluster and a smirking Derek Moore, watching her behind as she wiggled her way out.

I resisted the urge to punch the smug look on his face and to follow Cassandra, but I knew better than to think with my heart. I always thought of the consequence or feared the worst before I made a decision now, I didn't have very much trust anymore, and often feared rejection or losing to someone. Once Cassandra was gone, Derek leant in and gave me a smirk. "So Anderson, we meet again. Congratulations on the role." He says cockily, and I furrow my eyebrows in confusion, why was he congratulating me?

"Thanks. Adding a 'tally' to my side of the board now?" I reply with a smirk as I sip my wine. "Because, you know, since you're clearly obsessed with my career and stalking which roles I get." I said casually, knowing this was going to piss him off or embarrass him. He scowls and glares at me, pointing a finger in my direction, "Don't be so cocky Anderson, I'm the most successful one here. I'm better than you." He spat loudly and my eyes innocently widened, in a feign act of innocence as everyone's chatter died down and stared at Derek in shock.