Chapter 29

"Have you heard about the war going between our Kingdoms?" I asked Maa sa

"Our Kingdoms? Raunak it's our Kingdom versus Malwa! Those bastards are attacking on our kingdom and we can not even blame them, we are at fault here our King has made a huge mistake that is costing us our loved one's life!" She shouted in frustration just thinking about it. I hissed upon seeing her reaction.

"Yeah that. You know that they married a commoner in place of the princess?" I asked her dreadfully.

"Raunak I don't know how but everything makes more sense now. You were the replacement right?" She asked in realization.

I nodded my head and she gasped.

"No wonder the war starts after you left the palace. How I didn't notice that. Did they force you to do this? Did that King did something bad to you that you decided to leave him?" She asked me with very serious expression on her face.

"Yes my step mother and brother forced me to marry him even threatned me to not tell him anything but Rana sa was good, very good actually. His family they always treated me like their own never let me feel like some enemy they showered me with love and happiness" I said to her lost those beautiful days. She was looking at me with admiration.

"Then why Raunak? Why did you left him if you have finally found your happiness?" She asked me with unshed tears in her eyes.

"Because he did not know the truth, the truth I should have told him when he started to trust me but I was scared that he will leave me and marry Manavi after learning about my true identity. Later on I fell in love with him and my last shread of courage dies with that. I did not wanted him to hate me and now look he is so forged in anger that there is war going between our Kingdoms and I know now there is not going to be any peace treaty. Our Kingdom is going to be ruined and finally my biggest fear come alive he hates me" I said to her crying.

"Raunak what you did was wrong dear. You should not have leave. Firstly it was your responsibility to tell him about the betrayal you family did to him for god sake it was a peace treaty not some joke and later when he get to know about it with someone else the least you could do was to stay there and tell him your side of story, to bear his anger, his grief, his sadness, his pain, his hate and his love. Raunak you never gave him any chance you just make some imagination in your head and act according to it. You should have trusted him Raunak if you loved him. It does not work like that Raunak" She said to me 

I hurts to realize that I was the one who was wrong here. I should have stayed and talked to him then there will be no war going between us but I made a bad decision in fear and now two kingdoms are paying for it. I have to make this right, I should be the to be punished not him, not these innocent people. I am going to ask for his forgiveness to punish me not all these innocent people. I did know that it will turn out like this.

"Please help me Maasi. I do not know how to make this right. There is war going, how would I even be able to meet him as I am now an enemy to him and I do not think that my family is going to let me ever see him again once they will find me. They will punish me horribly maybe even kill me" I told her feeling tensed.

"You will meet him my child. I will make sure of that. He must be waiting for you" She said to me

"No he hates me. He will not want to see me not now, not ever again" I told her irritated. She laughed at me.
"You will understand soon enough that he loves you" 

"No he does not. I know that" I told her

"Whatever makes you sleep at night" She said standing up signaling me that this is the end of coversation.

"We are departing tomorrow so be ready for a long journey" She said to me before disappering inside her home.

"We? Are you also coming with me maasi?" I asked her.

"Yes"

"But why? Kishan will be here alone. I do not want to cause trouble to you both. It's my mess and I will deal with it alone" 

"Not happening, I am coming. I know you are strong and can do anything but let me help you in this. At this point everyone is going to be against you, I want to be there to ensure your safety and that's final" She said dismissing me. I hugged her from behind.

"Thank you Maasi. I love you" I said to her smiling

"yes, yes, Now go away and let me get some work done" She said shooing me away.

A/N: Hi guys!! here's a new chapter. I hope you all enjoy it. Our Raunak is going to her Rana sa. Let's see how this will go. I am so excited!

Bye bye!!

until next time.