Chapter 12

Peter woke up the next day very early in the morning. It was 4:00 in the morning. Tony was just about to go to bed, so he wasn't too happy that the kid was awake. However, he didn't let it show by making them breakfast - delicious scrambled eggs and brewing coffee. So much for breaking the unhealthy habit of not sleeping for two nights. Suddenly Tony came up with a brilliant idea.

"FRIDAY, is anyone on the Avengers floor up yet?"

"Yes Boss, Steve Rogers and Bucky Barnes have returned from their morning run."

"Wait, wait, wait did they leave the tower to go for a run?"

"That's right."

"Pff, stupid," snorted Tony, "after all, we have a treadmill in the gym."

"It seems that fresh air has a good effect..."

"Never mind FRIDAY, tell them we're coming for a visit."

At these words Peter began to jump up and down with happiness that he would meet the Avengers. Tony told the boy to finish his breakfast, after which they went to Peter's room to get dressed.

"Which shirt do you want, Pete?" asked Tony holding a blue T-shirt with a shark drawn on it in his left hand and a green one with a drawing of the Hulk in his right.

"This one," Peter pointed to the blue T-shirt.

"That's fine. And the sweatpants?"

"Hm, the red ones."

"Boxer shorts?"

"Green ones... Or no. Blue ones."

"Socks?"

"White."

"All right," said Tony. "Get dressed and call me when you're done. I'll do the laundry in the meantime."

The boy nodded, so Tony went to the bathroom to put the laundry in the washing machine. 5 minutes later, he left the bathroom and went to the kid's room. He knocked and was met with a sight he didn't expect. Peter was standing by the closet in just his boxers trying to climb up to the top shelf.

"What's going on?" Asked a confused Tony. "Why didn't you get dressed Petey?"

"Young Sir was in the process of getting dressed when he was distracted by a toy on the top shelf. For safety reasons, I closed the closet blocking access."

"FRIDAY! Don't snitch!"

"Thanks FRI." Tony looked at the boy in disbelief. "Peter. You could have fallen. All you had to do was ask me. How do you even come up with such ideas?"

Peter shrugged his shoulders again trying to get into the closet.

"Okay, enough of that" Tony was tired and didn't feel like urging the boy to get dressed. "Come here, I'll dress you by myself."

"No. I'm a big boy," Peter stomped.

Peter was the complete opposite of a "big boy," which made Tony laugh a little.

"Oh no. You had your chance. Now I'm going to dress you and I don't want to hear a word of objection. If you're not polite, you'll go to bed early tonight." Tony tried to be understanding and patient with the boy, but lack of sleep was doing its job.

Finally Peter approached Tony raising his hands so that the man could put on his shirt.

"Smart boy," commented Tony. He was happy that he didn't have to argue with the child.

***

Peter let himself be dressed, after which they descended to the floor of the two super soldiers.