Chapter T2- Gaming Night

After leaving the Carnival Mario and Tari reaches SMG4 Castle at the middle of the night.

Mario: "hmmm Tari are sure we should play some games here?".

Tari: "Yeah I don't see any problem on It!".

Mario: "Okay but where is everybody?". The Castle is completly empty

Tari: "Well given the time everyone is sleeping and 4 isn't here today, so we have plenty of time to play!". What could go wrong? Tari thinks.

Mario: "Well if you say so...".

They reach the gaming room and Tari puts all of her games on the floor, it's a really big pile.

Tari: "So what do you want to play?".

Mario: "Hmmm let me see...". Mario tries to find a interesting game and after a while he manages to find one that seems to be fun enough for him.

Mario: "How about this?". Mario pulls Mario Party SuperStars out of the pile.

Tari: "ohhhh, that one seems fun! I will set It up for us!".

After setting the game up Mario and Tari sits on the couch.

Mario: "But man playing with CPU sucks! I will call Bob and Boopkins! Maybe they would like to play with u-". Tari interrupts him.

Tari: "No! We don't need them, we can play alone, It will be fun I promise!". Tari seems to be in despair.

Mario: "Well, okay then...". Mario finds Tari sudden despair kinda strange.

Mario and Tari starts to play Mario Party, they doens't bother to turn the light on, so the room is really dark, just like the rest of the Castle.

Tari: "Aha! I got another one!". Says Tari as she manages to grab her Second star, while Mario still has 0.

Mario: "Dammit!".

Tari: "Don't worry Mario, you still has a chance to win!" Tari tries to motivate Mario a bit.

Mario: "That's impossible against a such good player like you!".

Tari stays in silence for a while.

Tari: "Wow... You really think Im this good?". Tari is surprised by Mario sudden compliment.

Mario: "Of course you are! You're amazing!".

Tari: "Well, thanks...". Tari keeps her head down on a attempt to hide her embarrassment.

They continue to play the game, as they progress Tari starts to slowly tilt her head in Mario's shoulder. After a while her head is finally resting on It, but Mario doens't seems to notice It.

Suddenly a black shadow outside pass through the window, It calls Tari attention.

Tari: "Umm Mario, have you saw that?". Tari is a bit scared.

Mario: "Saw what?". Mario was distracted with the game this whole time.

Tari: "T-that Shadow outside...".

Mario: "Meh that was probably nothing!".

Suddenly a heavy footstep is heard outside. Tari shrinks in the couch.

Mario: "Okay that must be just our minds tricking u-". Suddenly the same Shadow from earlier knocks aggresively on the window.

Mario and Tari quickly hides behind the couch.

Mario: "What was that!?". Says Mario in a desperate Voice.

Tari: "I don't know... But maybe if we stay quiet It won't notice us...".

The knocks starts to get more aggresive, both starts to shake in fear. Mario hugs Tari in a attempt to keep himself calm, much for Tari surprise. After some seconds the knocking ends.

Tari: "You see? it's gone!". Both Mario and Tari seems more calm.

Mario: "Yeah, but I think it's better we get out here!". Both get up and head in the direction of the Castle exit.

As soon as they reach the door a heavy knock hits It. Both of them take a big step behind.

Tari: "He's back! At we do?". Tari whispers.

Mario thinks for a while.

Mario: "Just follow me!". Mario pulls Tari to the Kitchen.

Tari: "What are you doing?".

Mario starts to grab multiple items from the Kitchen.

Mario: "Here use this!". Mario puts a pan on Tari head and gives her a frying pan.

Tari: "What is this for?".

Mario: "With this you can protect Mario from the monster!".

Tari: "Why me-". Suddenly the "monster" breaks the Castle door.

Mario: "He's here!". Mario hides behind Tari.

They hear the "monster" slowly approach the Kitchen, Tari prepare her frying pan she is shaking from fear, but if It was to protect Mario she would try her best.

The monster enters the Kitchen.

???: "Hey, why didn't you guys opened the do-". Without waiting Tari hits the monster in the head multiple times.

Saiko: "Stop It!". Saiko screams

Tari: "Saiko? What are you doing here? Where the monster?".

Saiko: "Monster? What are you talking about?". Saiko tries to ignore the pain.

Mario: "The Monster that tried to break in the door and kill us!".

Saiko: "That was me you idiot...".

Tari and Mario: "Oh, there was no monster?".

Saiko: "No... I was just following you guys after you two leave the carnival".

Tari: "For what purpose?".

Saiko: "F-f-For... that doens't matter!". Saiko tries to hide her true intentions.

Mario: "Well, since everything is solved, I guess I can go home now.". Mario Leaves the Kitchen.

Saiko: "Wait Mario!'. She grabs Mario arms.

Mario: "Huh?". He turns around.

Saiko: "I-im sorry for what happened back in the carnival... You was just trying to help me but I guess I let my anger took over me...". Saiko tries to hide her visible blush, she doens't want to be seen as "weak".

Mario gives a genuine smile.

Mario: "Well since you are being kind to Mario, I accept your apologize!".

Saiko: "Really? Thank you!". She hugs Mario

Tari: "Are you guys done yet?'. Tari is jealous.

Saiko stops hugging Mario.

Saiko: "Y-yeah we are...". Saiko let her intrusive thoughts won for a moment.

Mario: "Well I guess it's time to go home...".

Saiko: "Yeah...".

The three leave SMG4 Castle in a weird silence, they don't seem to be bothered with the broken door tho.