Chapter IV.

"Yearning is utterly useless
in the presence of regret."

=x=

"Sorry. My phone was stolen. That was not me."

Chatterbox wants to bash his head on the sidewalk as he sends her a text. What in the fuck was he thinking—

'Cups.'

—shut the fuck up, shut up.

It was a mistake drinking 17 bottles of whiskey last night. A huge fucking mistake.

He clutched his head as it throbs continuously. He's frustrated at how he sounded on those texts.

'Please? Really? What the fuck am I begging her for?'

And his eyes are puffy. Great.

"You did this to yourself tho?" Sooty was sitting on the dining table at the funhouse.

"You're the one who wanted to break up with her, then pushed her away–" Sooty bites at her burger then continued, "–and now drunk-texted her. That's so clown of you, Chatty."

Sooty chuckled but he didn't. His hangover is worsening and all he can do is close his eyes in pain.

The Funhouse looks old. It's almost like the plans he has for it left with her. Why renovate it if she's not going to be around anyways?

Dumbass. He's still the Clown King. He still has responsibilities he must fulfill. He's still that but without half of his body. The Queen left and his anger just grew larger than his pain.

"That was a sight to see, not gonna lie." Kirk's teasing is not helping with the hangover. "Your feelings was on the fucking table, naked as hell!"

Chatty just sighed. This is such a drag. "Let's go."

"Of course, Your Highness." He giggled. "I need to go see Taco for a bit, though."

Fuck Taco. Fuck Grove Street and fuck that gang. Everything she has touched remained much longer than she has been his. And it pisses him off.

"Is that Chatterbox?" Vinny Pistone. The almost-his-Father-in-Law little bitch. "I heard you broke up with my Little One? Hm?"

"What are you, a fan?" He smirked.

"Does a fan murder their fucking idol? If yes, then I'm your fucking fan, Chatterbox. Fuck you!" Vinny's voice is scratching his brain. It's kind of soothing.

"Why so angry, Vinny?" He rests his elbow on the car's window. "Just go shopping with her or give her some weed and she'll be just fine."

"What did you just say, you motherfucker?" Vinny slams his hands on the window on Chatty's side. "Shopping? Weed? Is Ray that shallow in your fucking eyes, you little shit?! How can I even fucking do that if Ray has been missing these past few days?! Tell me, motherfu.."

His ears. Ringing. What? Vinny is saying something. But his ears. It hurts.

"Missing?" He can't hear anything else. "What do you mea--"