Chapter two

Isolde? Right in front of him? Is this for real? Where in the hell she saw him? It is pretty dark. There is no way she could see his face.

-Hello, w-who are y-you? , - Isolde asked Zephyr as she tried to look in the darkness but she couldn't see his face.

-I am... I .., - Zephyr was stuttering not knowing what to say.

-A-Are you a th-thief? , - Isolde took a step back scared.

-No, no. Um... I am the new gardener. Yes I am the new gardener, -Zephyr quickly said.

-Ah... n-nice to m-meet you.

-If I may ask my lady, why were you crying? , - Zephyr was so desperate and wished he didn't hear everything.

-My f-father wishes to m-marry m-me with the g-great knight Zephyr. T-To be precise it has b-been the k-king's will for m-me to marry the g-great knight Z-Zephyr, - she said looking down.

-Well, that mustn't be such a bad thing. He is the strongest knight in the whole kingdom and I believe you will live happy, - Zephyr tried to change her mind.

-R-Rumors say that h-he is a cold-hearted, m-merciless and h-hates women. I am scared; - Isolde said looking down trying to hold her tears.

-Well they are rumors for a reason right? How do you know that he is merciless? Maybe he is the opposite of the rumors, couldn't it be?

-I don't know I a-am s-scared. I will g-get married to h-him after 2 days and I don't even k-know what to do. Oh my, it is p-pretty late I have to go n-now. Goodbye sir, - Isolde said.

Zephyr wanted to talk to her more but she already was far away from him. He looked down. The wind had caused her to drop her handkerchief. He grabbed it and watched her leave as the wind played with her hair and twirling her dress from left to right. Her elegant walk and the way she held her books were breathtaking. He couldn't imagine that he would love a woman like this. Even if she does the simplest thing his heart would still beat like crazy.

But why would the king want him to marry her? That was a mystery till he finds out tomorrow.

The morning came fast and Zephyr was already waiting for the king to call him. Soon he was finally called. Zephyr entered his room and bowed before him.

-Good to see you the great knight of Holden kingdom, - the king said.

-I am honored by your presence your majesty. I heard you wanted to speak with me. Is there any problem? , - Zephyr asked.

-Unfortunately, there is Sir Zephyr. There might start a war soon with the next kingdom. They have declared that they wanted to steal our kingdom's gold and territories. Soon you will be going to war, - the king declared.

-It's my honor to serve my kingdom, your majesty, - Zephyr bowed in front of him.

-I have another wish for you Sir Zephyr, - he said signaling Zephyr to raise his head.

-What is it, your majesty?

-I wish you to marry with the first daughter of Duke Croyso, the first duke. I hope you might agree with this since the duke has also agreed, - the king looked in his eyes.

Zephyr's heart was beating fast. He sure wanted to marry Isolde but he felt like he was taking advantage of her. She didn't want to marry him but he could make her happy. He believed that after knowing each other they will be happy. So, he decided to accept.

-I would be honored, your majesty.

-Excellent, you made me very happy Sir Zephyr. Your marriage has been decided after two days and then the day after you will depart off to the war. You may go now, - he finished.

Zephyr bowed and went outside the king's room. He hopped in his horse and galloped through the forest. As the wind hit his face he couldn't stop smiling. His dream was finally coming true. His world was filling once again with colors. He was going to live a happy life with Isolde and was going to make her the happiest woman in this whole existence.