The Party

I look at the mirror as I see my reflection. I was wearing a tight navy blue dress with a white purse.

I was ready for the party. I gather my things and shove them in my purse. Did I forget anything? Then I see my microchip, you know just in case.

I go to my living room as I hear a knock on the door and I yell out it's open.

I look as I see Peter and Ned standing there smiling at me as I smile back.

"Hey, where is your parent?" I hear May ask from behind as I smile at her.

"Oh um, my dad is on a business trip and my mom died when I was 3." I tell her as she nods and smiles.

"I'm sorry for your loss, now come on boys I left the car heater on." she says as I walk through the door with a slight limp to make it believable.

"Wow you really heal fast." Peter says as I raise an eyebrow at him smiling.

"I told you it was only a hairline fracture." I say as he nods and I know he was there and saw how bad it was, so I was gaslighting him, fun.

I get into the car as we sit there and Ned tells me all about his new legos on the way there.

"That is amazing Ned, but I guess we are here, thanks for the ride May." I say as she smiles.

"You need a ride back?" She asks as I shake my head kindly letting Peter and Ned out of the car.

"No MJ is taking me." I say as she smiles and waves goodbye as we walk into Liz's house.

"I was wondering when you guys were going to show up." MJ says as she hugs me and I smile.

"I love your dress." I tell her as she smiles and says the same to me as we walk outside to the patio.

"So Peter says Spider-Man is showing up at this party?" I ask MJ as she nods.

"Ya, he announced it in Pe, well Ned did. It's one way to get into a party." she says as I nod and smile.

"Well I'm happy I got out of PE when Flash hit me in the face with a ball." I say as she nods and smiles.

"So have you used your powers to the full extent in a while?" She asks as I shake my head, "why not?"

"Well I don't really know, I just don't really have any reason to." I say as she chuckles.

"You could help Peter save the city, I mean it would help." she says as I shake my head.

"That would give my location away to the government." I say as she nods and I look back over to the party.

"What are we doing over here, let's get to that party!" I say as I run in and start dancing with some other girls.

I start drinking a little as I am stuck in the dancing but eventually feel myself get pulled out.

"Hey, can't I get back, Oh hey MJ!" I say hugging her as she pulls me off and smiles at me.

"Guess what I spotted!" She asks as I shake my head, how would I know who she saw.

"Look, Peter up there." she says pointing up to the roof where I saw a blurry figure up there.

"Look MJ, what do you want me to do about it?" I ask to come back to my senses because alcohol wears off fast for me.

"This is your chance, sooner or later he will chicken out and go save people, here." she says passing me my purse as I pull out the microchip.

"Fine but JUST this once ok!" I say as she nods and I put it on and I look back at the roof.