Chapter 11 - Second chances

Han Jisung

The sound of my own humming fills my ears.

As students walked past, I didn't pay much attention to them. There was no anxiety resting in my stomach at the sounds of people talking or the overwhelming nature of a college building.

Instead my mind was focused one thing.

Baekho and I were going on a date today.

I sat on a chair that leaned against one of the many tall windows. My legs were pulled toward my chest as I kept my eyes on the sketch I was drawing to keep myself busy.

Busy as in this was 20% of my sketching class grade that was due tomorrow and had just been started in the last ten minutes.

But I was too happy to care. My boyfriend wasn't mad at me and we were going to go out again. I just couldn't wait to see his smile again and the way his soft black hair complimented his sharp cheekbones. Or his tall height that took me forever to get used to as I was surrounded by the less gifted ones constantly.

My pencil glided across the paper as I tilted my head and hummed a random song, practically living in my own world. The outside distractions were simply put aside in this moment.

Well that is until I realized I was waiting for someone. I lift my head to take a quick glance around the lobby, searching for the familiar face of my boyfriend.

Furrowing my eyebrows, I couldn't find him. I guess he was a running a bit late? I ignore the bits of anxiety that had begun to return as I glance back down to my drawing.

My eyes widen when I see the sketch I'd been drawing mindlessly. As if I was finally broken from a trance, it's revealed to myself that I had only begun drawing a heart this entire time.

A large shaded in heart.

The letters B + J written in bold inside.

I sit up straight and place my pencil and sketch book down, confused as to why I had just spent valuable time, that I really needed to get my art project done, on drawing a silly heart like a Highschool girl.

Holy shit what the hell is happening to me?

Was I really over the way he made me cry our last date?

I mean I've been dating him for years, but was I really this attached?

I close my eyes and take a deep breath.

I just need to act like myself.

There's no pretending, no faking smiles. And like Minho said, I need to pay attention to the way Baekho acts.

There are second chances but... I can't just do whatever he wants. Baekho should know that I love him but the things he does hurt me.

Yeah. This is his second chance.

Todays date is going to be amazing, and it's going to make up for the last one for sure!

"Jisung-ah!"

As if on a cue, I whip my head to see the very boy of my thoughts running toward me. Immediately, as the boy walks up to me, I begin to feel overdressed.

The older was wearing a simple tee and sweats while I had ironed and put on a nice suit pants paired with a beige button down. I even did my makeup and accessorized, thought it looked like Baekho just walked out of class.

I ignore it. It's not a big deal.

I smile as I get up from my seat, "Hey hyung!" I greet the older with a warm feeling in my stomach.