Terra-Firmians

After everything that happened in the pyramids, you were walking on cloud nine. You had spent the past few days enjoying your hobbies and telling stories to the children about the legends of your world. Night was approaching, and as the darkness fell outside the living room became more and more crowded. You had been drawing with Webby on the couch, but as the others came piling in you found yourself entertaining them with both stories of the past and of your world.

"So that's how Scrooge and I reanimated the Nemean Lion. I think its pelt is in the attic somewhere."

"You've been everywhere Aunt (Y/n)," Huey marveled from his chair.

"And Webby's told us just about every story about you and Uncle Scrooge ever," Louie added, "We want to hear about your world!"

The scratching of your pencil on the paper stopped. You looked down at your half-finished drawing blankly.

"My world?"

You hadn't thought about it in so long. The wonders of Duckworld were fascinating, and you found yourself caught up in the magnificence of it all. Old memories of towering mountains and rolling fields flitted across your thoughts as you reminisced about your Earth. After being away from it for so long, you had to admit you missed it, just a little.

You missed belonging there. Here, you stuck out like a sore thumb. You were the only human. No one else was like you, had the same culture as you, the same memories. You were isolated. The thought had haunted you in the past, but since the boys moved in it had vanished into the back of your mind. Now that they had brought it up, the icy bite of loneliness nipped at your bones.

"Aunt (Y/n)?" Dewey asked. "Do you have any more legends from your Earth?"

"Legends?" You barely realized you said it. As you felt eyes on you, you shook yourself out of your own thoughts. "Oh, yeah! Sorry, I was just... thinking..."

You saw Webby's feathered hand beside your fleshy (s/c) one.

"Right, legends. How about Robin Hood?"

You moved your sketchbook out of the way and prepared to tell the dramatic tale of the man who robbed the rich and gave to the poor when the door to the living room opened again.

Lena.

You locked eyes with her. She held your gaze knowingly as your (e/c) eyes flickered down to her amulet. The bright purple gem flashed in the firelight, and you swore you saw a red-eyed shadow in the hallway.

"Lena!" You snapped out of the trance as Webby jumped from the couch, catapulting over to her friend. Lena narrowly avoided a hug attack from Webby as you glared at her, offended that she wouldn't want a hug from the darling girl.

"Is this your friend, Webby?" You asked, feigning ignorance. "How nice to meet her."

"That's the human you're always on about?" Lena's pink fringed hair swept over her eyes. "I thought she would be more impressive."

Your eye twitched. "So, what are you doing here? Lena, right?"

"We're going to the movies!" Huey announced as he and his brothers ran over to Lena. "Mrs. Beakley is taking us!"

"Oh," you had forgotten already. Which was impressive, since they were raving about it all day. "What movie?"

"It's educational," Lena smiled slyly as Mrs. Beakley entered the room. "Real story, great for the kids?"

"You're the kids," You reminded her. Her painted purple eyelids lowered as she scoffed and leaned against the door. "As long as Mrs. Beakley is with you, I guess its alright-"