What I Became By Life

Author's note in the end, guys, please read. I would like to thank you all.

***

After a few days of what had happened at the beach, Jared and I just decided to keep calm with the other unmature people around us. And I promised not to freak out pn anyone else ( unless it was necessary ) was sitting next to Mia and Jared on Church study, after finishing, we sat together and began to draw kid's drawings. I was laughing while Mia completely got out the lines and Jared also. But I was more of a elgant drawer so, my coloring was inside the lines perfectly.

"Look, look," Mia laughed, pointing at her butterfly. "I'm done."

"Yeah," I said. "But it looks like you're not. So, take another paper and begin to draw again, Mia. Jared ... Jared, what are you doing?"

"I'm making my signature," he pointed. "My name and last name." It looked like a swirly line entering a messed up circle.

"Okay, baby, I think it's creative." But Mia had snorted out a laugh.

"It looks like a swirly line entering a drunk circle." I smiled. Close enough.

***

At my place, Liam, my brother, was watching The Mortal Instruments: Ciry fo Bones. And I sighed as I saw Jace and Clary kiss in the green house. He looked up at me and smiled.

"You'll never get a fictional character," he teased. "You're stuck with Jared."

"Good enough," I said. "I love Jared more than Jace." He gasped. "Yeah, yeah. Get over me. So, what'd you cook for me?"

"You have two legs, go check for yourself," I walked to the kitchen and found a half eaten cake and two boxes of pizza. I got one and brought it to the living room for Liam and I. "Here."

"Thanks, Rosie," he kissed my cheek and we watched the movie silently. I kept an eye on him, slightly smiling.

"Why are you staring at me?" He asked without looking at me. Clary and Jace were at her building, finding the Mortal Cup, Jace played the piano and I sighed again.

"It's going to be your birthday soon," I said. He rolled his eyes. "I'm gonna make you a cake and buy you a pretty futball with glitter all around."

"You princess." He laughed. "You don't need to buy me anything, your sisterly love is enough."

"I'll make you a party."

And indeed I did. The party of my brother wasn't really much, but he did get the glittery futball and he actually cried. That end of the year was the absolute best. Liam, Jared and Mia and I with ourselves. I began a little prgram in the support group. Helping yet another boy who wanted to kill himself. His name was Esteban. He was cute and all that, but, after I talked to him and so did Mia-whom I might add was very wise on it-he actually was very open to more help. And I watched him, making sure he wasn't just acting or bluffing, and after almost a whole month and a half, he was only getting better.

***

After my birthday again, I'm 16, and my brother is trying to get me to get in a car. I know how to drive since I was thirteen, and I know everything else I need to. I just find ars useless when you live a place like San Juan. It's better to walk around, get on a bike or just, not use a car.

"Rosie, you are sixteen years old," he said for the millionth time. "Get in the car. Have fun. Be young and reckless!" I threw my hands up.

"I got a bike in the garage, Liam," I huffed, trying not to laugh or cry. But I chose to laugh. "Look, I'll be going out with my boy. I'm walking to his house, too."