And A Brewing Storm

Maggie was frozen in place for a moment, thrown off by the presence of Fisk in front of her. The girls just stared up at Fisk with wide eyes full of fear, meanwhile Fisk glanced to each one of them before attempting to put on a smile. To her surprise though, it was slightly timid as if he had no clue what to do in this moment. Maggie mused that he probably didn't know what to do with a group of women scared senseless by him being there. In fact, his face reminded her of a time when she was a young child. 

Maggie sat on the ground in the grass next a tree as she cried in her easter dress, 5 years of age. All the eggs in her basket had either been broken or stolen by a bunch of older rowdy boys who didn't like her. As Maggie continued to cry, a pair of shoes appeared in front of her and she looked up to see her Uncle Fisk staring down at her with a hesitant, timid smile before he reached down and picked her up in his arms. "What happened Magnolia?" He asked as Magnolia buried her face into his shoulder. 

Maggie simply continued to cry, her little fingers gripping his suit as his large hand rubbed her back soothingly. "What happened? Why's Maggie crying?" The voice of her Mom asked as she hurried over in a panic, wearing a lovely cream colored dress for Easter Sunday. It was modest but not overly so with a square cut out at the chest, tight sleeves that were elbow length, and she had a pair of cream colored heels to match said dress. 

"I'm not sure. I happened upon her crying by the tree, and her basket is no where to be seen." Fisk spoke quietly as he held her tightly while her Mom gazed at her in concern. "Where's Joel?" Fisk asked her as she laughed a quiet, breathy laugh before her eyes flickered to the ground as a frown spread over her face. 

"He's escorting Elaine Lewis home, once again. He says that he's comforting her in her time of mourning after her Husband's death." 

"I see." Fisk murmured, obviously displeased at hearing this. "Let me speak to him later." Mom just shook her head as she looked back up at him, a small smile on her face even though her eyes betrayed her true feelings. 

"It's fine Wilson, there really is no need. However I'd be grateful for a ride home if you're alright with that." Wilson took a few steps closer with Maggie in his arms as he nodded to her. 

"Of course. I would never let my precious niece and beautiful sister in law ride home in a taxi by themselves. Why don't you go and retrieve your purse from inside while I have the car brought around." Her Mom gave Fisk a sweet smile before nodding, and hurrying to go get her purse. 

"I'll be back in just a moment." She murmured before Fisk stopped her with one hand on her elbow. He leaned in close to her ear then to whisper to her but Maggie was still able to hear what he said. 

"You deserve better than this, Rachel." Her Mother didn't respond to him though but Maggie could hear her sniffle a bit before walking past him and inside the church they frequented most Sunday's. 

Maggie watched her walk into the church from the view on Fisk's shoulder just as a man walked up who was in some ways, Fisk's shadow. She knew him simply as Wesley, a man in his early twenties who did everything that was asked of him. He wore a simple white button down with two of the buttons undone, a pair of dark charcoal slacks, a leather belt, with a pair of leather loafers that matched the brown color of the belt. 

As he came up, his eyes locked with Maggie's tear stained ones as he gave her a big smile before his hand reached up and his thumb brushed across her cheek to wipe away a stray tear. "Whatever has happened to make little miss Magnolia here sad?" He asked as Fisk turned sideways to look at him. 

"She hasn't been so forthcoming with that information yet."  Fisk responded as Wesley hummed before looking around. 

"Where's her easter egg basket?" He asked as Fisk sighed.