ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ.

THE SKI TRIP
chapter three
miles' pov !
🏒

i like this place, it's a nice resort, some nice slopes, and a nice ice rink too. a nice ice rink is key for a good place. i'd spent most of my time so far skating around with riri, obviously i know it's kind of lame to spend the whole of your school ski trip with your little sister, but she's actually a really fun person to hang around with.

apparently today she's too busy to hang out with her older brother, so i was left to find someone else to hang out with on short notice. which didn't work considering all the others had already planned to go out today, and i woke up late.

it was around 12:43 and i was starving, so i decided to go to the dining hall to get some lunch. i slipped on my shoes and grabbed my keycard, leaving my room and locking the door behind me.

i speed walked toward the elevator and managed to slip in through the doors before they closed, i gave a short smile to the other boy in the elevator, he wore a resort branded shirt, so obviously one of the workers.

when the elevator stopped i stepped out and made my way to the dining hall, it was fairly empty, not as packed as it is at breakfast, but i'm guessing everyone's gone up to the town for lunch. i headed over to the bar to order some food.

a slice of pizza and some fries, to go, of course, i'd rather eat in my room and watch a movie then eat on my own in a public space. thats got to be the most mortifying experience you ever face, and i'm all for doing stupid shit, but not that.

whilst i was waiting for my food, a girl, probably my age, walked up to the bar to order some food too. she was pretty, but not pretty as in i have a thing for her, i mean that she's just a generally pretty person.

i didn't notice i was staring until she said something to snap me out of it. "you done staring, or just a little bit longer?" she smirked slightly. "shit, sorry, i didn't even realise i was staring, i probably zoned out..." i apologised and she laughed.

"you're good, i'm used to it." she smiled. "i'm not surprised, you're pretty- in a totally platonic way." i stumbled over my words, why did i feel the need to make myself look like an idiot?

"okay...? i'm naomi, by the way." naomi, naomi's a nice name. "that's a nice name, naomi. i'm miles." i smiled at her, to which she reciprocated the gesture.

"so, why aren't you off with your little porter geeks in town?" she questioned. "how did you know i'm from porter?" i raised an eyebrow, i never told her... "well, i know that you're not from brook, otherwise i would've seen you around. and i saw you talking to alex when we all first got here, and i know that he goes to porter." she stated, wow, she's quite the observer.

"so you've been staring at me?" i teased. "what?- no- i just... observed you, i observe everyone!" she stuttered slightly, her face flushing, which was pretty cute. "okay sweetheart, whatever you say" i said as i picked up the bag of my food.

"yeah whatever. dick." she exclaimed as i walked away, i laughed at that as i stepped back into the elevator and went back up to my room.

just as i was unlocking my door my phone buzzed, i opened the door and used my foot to kick it shut behind me as i set my food down on the table and sat on my bed, pulling my phone out of my pocket.

it was a text from riri.

riri🎀

riri🎀
m.
MMMMM
M
MILES
miles archie bateman
pick up your phone rn

M🧸
calm down riri
i was getting food😒
what's wrong?

riri🎀
tonight, there's a party
out in the old ski cabin
by the woods

M🧸
and?
are you saying
you want to go?

riri🎀
yes.
i want to meet the
brook kids and
make more friendssss

M🧸
brook kids?
there's gonna be brook
kids there?

riri🎀
yes, and?

M🧸
that's dangerous riri
you do realise there's a 99%
chance that a fight will break out,
right?

riri🎀
yes.
and if a fight does
break out then we can run out
of the cabin and back to the ski
lodge.
on a count of it's not you who
gets drunk and starts a fight.

M🧸
like i would get drunk and
start a fight😒

riri🎀
idk you just kinda seem
like the kind of idiot to
do that??

M🧸
damn riri
way to break your brothers
heart💔

riri🎀
boo hoo
now say you'll go with me

M🧸
are you gonna give up if i
say no?

riri🎀
erm... no

M🧸
then fine i'll go with
you

riri🎀
YAYYY
ILY M

M🧸
yeah yeah whatever,
ilyt i guess😒

a party. how wonderful. now i love parties, don't get me wrong. but one, in an old ski cabin, with kids from two rival schools, i'm not sure that's the best idea. and if it wasn't for riri begging me to go with her, i would've been staying in my room tonight and watching a movie, with my friends sending snaps of how fun of a time they're having.

but now i have to eat this food, shower, and get ready for a party. i mean, it's not all bad, maybe i'll run into naomi again. because she's a nice person to talk to, and my friend... i think? i don't know, how do you tell when you're friends with someone? is it something you're just meant to know or is it a thing where you have a 'define the relationship' conversation?

i don't fucking know man. i'm just gonna say we're friends.

BETH YAPS !

okie dokie. a nice little bit of yapping from miles there☺️ certified yapper fr‼️

a party ooooo🤭

and a friendship between brook and porter kids, woah😦

anyway, it's actually pissing it down over here in wonderful england🥰 i can't hear myself think because the sound of rain is too loud. begging we get nice weather for the week after next otherwise i'm gonna get a bit wet on my sponsored walk of the school field🤭 beth in her activist era⁉️

MWAH🎭