𝔵𝔳𝔦 ── Peace (For Now)

🧪sixteen

🧪
sixteen.
peace (for now)
☆ ⊹ ࣪.⋆༘˚⋆𐙚。⋆𖦹.✧˚

14 YEARS EARLIER.

"This is such bullshit!"

Her hands were sweaty, damp as they clung onto the makeshift bars of a cell and she huffed softly. Third degree terrorism. It was bullshit since the Fireflies were only expressing their freedom of speech and it only got violent when FEDRA attacked first, so the Fireflies fought back. Valeria thought it was total bullshit, especially since Mavra was about eight or nine months pregnant. Valeria told her older sister to leave, to go back to their hideout so she wouldn't be brought into court, but it was too late. Marva and her dumbass husband were stuck in this inhumane cell with three counts of third degree murder, all set to be publicly executed in a few hours or so. Maybe it would be even quicker since FEDRA had no real love for the Fireflies.

Valeria paced back and forth, trying to come up with a plan to get out, so she touched the cell wall to check if it was made out of paper mâché. She pressed, but she was met with disappointment. A few other Firefly members were jam packed into the cell with them, clutching their Firefly pendants close to them, and they prayed while crying silently. Valeria was mad as she finally gave up and sighed wearily as she moved to sit besides her pregnant sister and her brother-in-law.

   "This is fucking bullshit." said Valeria, not particularly talking to anyone, but those who were praying stopped and looked at her. She didn't meet their teary gazes back because she was focused on making her hands stop shaking. "We didn't even do anything wrong! We just exercised our rights to speak—"

   "Hey."

"—and they're executing us? That is some total fucking shit! I mean—"

"Hey!" shouted the FEDRA soldier, slamming his assault rifle against the bars of the cell. "Quiet back there."

   Reluctantly, Valeria fell quiet at his command and the soft squeeze of her older sister's hand against her arm. The younger Windsor woman sighed quietly in annoyance as she fidgeted with the cool metal pendant against the warm base of her throat and her fingertips brushed against the letters of her name engraved in the back of the metal pendant. She tried to think what could've happened if they had escaped and how they could get back at FEDRA for locking them into a cell. She was lost in thought until her focused gaze was broken by a sharp cry that pierced the air and she looked over to see her older sister's face screwed up in pain.

The younger woman tried to see what was happening to her older sister, but the clear liquid puddle forming underneath her pants were just enough so Valeria could piece together what was happening. The other captive Fireflies, and Marva's husband, rushed to help Marva in her impeding labor. Valeria panicked and she rushed up to the bars, clawing at the FEDRA soldier who was standing guard near the door.