Chapter Nine

I could tell everyone was overwhelm and intimated with the power that was practically coming off of him in waves, but they compose themselves at the last minutes, showing no fear. But it was too late for acting.

Gabriel tucked in my arm and staring at Daniel's wolf with a mixture of awe and fear. I bring him closer to me and he complies, snuggling into my neck.

Nial stood like a statue, analysing Daniel and the wolves that spreaded out at his side. I couldn't quite tell if he was scared or what with the bland mask he had on.

I, myself blankly stare ahead, my eyes only on one wolf that stopped a few yards away from the boarder line. Daniel's eyes met my gaze.

So many emotions came over me as we just stare at each other and something flashes in Daniel's eyes as he stood, a dark unsettling feeling, sensing the dangerous aura that was flowing from him. It felt so out of place.

Controlling my mix emotions as they were all over the place, I unlatch Gabriel from me and place him on the ground, but had him behind me as I turn my back to the wolves.

A low growl sounds through the wood, shaking the leaves and no doubt it came from Daniel.

I knew why they were here, why I'm here and I had came up with a plan, but I wasn't all sure if it's going to work, but it's worth giving a shot. Especially since Nial had slip up the fact that he has Drien held captive.

Some of Nial's guards were coming my way, which earns a viscous growl and they stood still, afraid to move.

Nial was staring me down, awaiting for a move to be made.

"Stacy." I call out, holding Nial's gaze.

The tension in the air was increasing to the point I was about to choke. It was basically dead silent, aside from the breathing from both side, no one made a single noise.

I didn't need to turn to know Stacy was behind me, but I didn't turn around and I had to wrap my arm around Gabriel's shoulder to keep him still.

"Stacy, how lovely for you to visit me this fine day. How long has it been? Three, four months top? I mean should know." Nial says eyes still lock with mine.

"Yes, but unfortunately it seems that's not the case, but me forgetting you being too old to even remember your own sons name slipped my mind." Stacy's tone was full on haunting, and I didn't miss the laughter in her words, but I wasn't the only one who caught on to it.

Nial's jaw clench, his eyes turning dark, but I was all to familiar with the color to even flinch away. Stacy hit a nerve and everybody knew it.

Before Nial could reply, a gush of wind had my hair falling behind my shoulders and a ferious Shakai stood, head to head with Stacy with a glare imprinted on her pale face.

"You should watch that mouth of yours Luna," Shakai spat, eyes glowing red, but Stacy just stare at her with a bore expression.

"You have no business poking your nose where it doesn't belong." Shakai finishes.

The sound of Stacy's malicious laugh echo through the woods, bouncing off the trees and I knew Stacy was beyond piss, but has a different way of expressing it.

"I don't need to go poking around, your life is practically on display for everyone to see. I have to say though, surprise you stayed with this sick bastard," Stacy jabs a finger to Nial, " even after he killed your parents and for what?! A frickin' baby which was non of their fault!" Stacy exclaims and starts cackling.

Shakai grew tense as her husband. Shakai didn't retort, but just her stance could say that she was furious.

"Enough of that." I order, it seems as Stacy and Shakai have forgotten of the audience that has not dare to make a move to disrupt the petty quarrel.