Chapter 3¬

Gemini

With ignoring all the warnings from me, the time has finally arrived. Hia is just as stubborn as me, and now we are heading to that forest... AGAIN.

I feel weird today.

And I exactly know why.

THE NEW MOON NIGHT. It's tomorrow.

The second reason why I didn't want Hia to come with me.

As the time passes by, the forest starts becoming darker and the sounds of insects creeping inside my ear became loud. 

"Ack~" I heard a wince behind me.

I turned around and saw Hia kneeling on the ground with his hand grip on his head.

Worried, I kneeled beside him and looked at him who was trying to control his pain while his teeth gritting, 

"Hia. Are you okay?" 

"I-I am fine." He muttered, but the hissing sound made it clear that he was NOT okay.

"That's why I told you not to come, Hia." I sighed as he stood up not taking a glance on me. He acted like he didn't hear.

"You know tomorrow is the day, right? We-"

"Our power will be the weakest." He completed my sentence with a soft, low voice, as he faced me, with no expressions on his face.

He is stubborn. I know that and he also knows that I can't go against him. 

"Hia." I called out to him.

"Stop worrying about me, Gem. We are here on a motive which we have to complete." His voice was firm, eyes darted from me as he walked away.

I took a deep breath as I followed him behind. 

As much as I am concerned about him. As much as I feel like he should take care of himself more, I am satisfied seeing him act like before, at least for once. 

My fierce, stubborn, strong Hia.

.

.

"I think we should go back now, Hia." I caught up to him, who was still going deeper into the forest. 

"No." He denied completely, ignoring the dead silence and the creeped-up atmosphere. 

"It's midnight already." Trying again to reach out to him and take him back, but he shook his head and just went where the journey took us.

We searched the whole forest. Nothing...

I question myself if what I saw that night was true or not. 

The smell, the colour, why did I never hear of it? Why did no one ever talk about this? Was it just a hallucination?

"LOOK!" Startled by the sound of my brother shouting, I quickly turned to the area he pointed and stayed ready for defence. 

I widened my eyes. 

T-This is not true, right? I-Is this real?

I couldn't believe my eyes. I looked over to Hia... He looked as shocked as me. 

We had an eye contact for almost a minute. 

What is this? A glitch in the ground?

.

.

"G-Gem. What is happening?" My brother's voice was filled with fear and concern. 

I turned to look at him who looked pale. His legs were trembling, and it felt like he could pass out any time soon.