his seashell.

Kartik's POV ~

“Sara, stop irritating me” I shouted the loudest I could only for her to shout back at me even louder “It's you who is irritating me” why can't she let me concentrate on driving.

“Main irritate kar raha hun? Kaun hai jo itni der se mera dimag kha raha hai” diverting my focus from the road, I turned my head towards this little monster sitting on the passenger seat, who was busy scrunching her nose at me, showing how frustated and angry she was.

“Oh hello, agar itna hi dimaag khaati hoon main tumhara, toh saath kyu lekar aaye. Aur maine kya kiya? Sirf icecream hi toh maangi thi”

Sometimes I feel soo relieved that Sara chose acting and not law. Agar lawyer ban jaati, toh judge ko bhi suna deti.

“of course tune toh kuch kiya hi nahi, mere mana karne ke baad bhi pichle 10 minute se tu loudspeaker se bhi loud hokar icecream ke liye mujhpar bilkul nahi chilla rahi hai”

I tried to make some sense but whom was I even kidding. Winning from Sara, is always a losing game.

“haan haan meri hi galti hoti hai hamesha. Main chup chap baithi thi, tumne hi apna KBC shuru kar diya tha — “Okay baby, guess where we are going” — and I couldn't stop myself from over thinking. Jab batana nahi tha, toh pucha kyun?”

While spending another second of existence, regretting why I didn't buy that stupid ice cream for her, I thought to try my luck again, but even before I could start I heard her screaming again.

Why can't she talk like a mature human
— “as if you can do” poked my useless heart.

“oh hello kahan busy ho? Ye sahi hai, pehle khud galti karo, phir blame Sara par, phir khud hi kho jao. You know what Kartik, mujhe baat hi nahi karni hai tumse” done with her screaming, she crossed her arms in front of her chest and with a very loud huff, turned her face towards the window looking out at the night sky.

That cute little pout on her face brought a small smile on my face. She is so adorable. And she looks extra cute, when she gets angry. Keeping that arguing and mending part aside, she looks like a toddler with this red button nose of hers.

Who'll believe just half an hour ago, we were getting emotional thinking about our future. Our Future— for sure it's gonna be chaotic as hell.

If someone told me 6 -7 years back, that I'll meet someone who is going to have this strong impact on me, that my mood will change like songs in a playlist, I would have laughed it off so bad.

But now, when I'm actually with her, sometimes I just can't stop myself from thinking about how beautifully she messes up my sanity.

Like imagine some 40 minutes ago, I was all romantic. Then she frustrated me so much that I was shouting and screaming, fighting with her like anything. And now I can't stop smiling like a fool thinking about this cupcake sitting next to me.

Only I know how badly I control myself from not shouting  — when she's not around, I don't find any reason, enough to smile — when someone questions me about my grumpy face.
Indeed, she's my peaceful smile and my crazy laughter.

“Gussa ho” Her soft meeky voice brought me back from my thoughts. I turned my head to face her just to see her looking at me with her big doe eyes like a little baby bird, who just hatched out of the egg, trying to process what the world is like.

Gussa? Jaayedad na luta doon main apni iss cuteness par.

“aap rehne dete ho mujhe gussa” freeing my hand from the gear shift, I slowly brought it close to her cheek and caressed it softly. On sensing my touch, she closed her eyes. Holding my hand with her left one, she brought it close to her lips and dropped a little kiss on my palm. Gosh I love her so much.