✎ ✦ 𝟎𝟖 . ˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐚 𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞! (𝟏) ✦

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

✎ "okay... meet me at the mall and we can hang out, I guess," Nene skittishly sent that text, before instantly regretting it. (Dhar Mann reference??? 😱😱)

"God, why did I send that!?" Nene groaned as she curled up in her bed from the anxiety of the text she just sent to Tsukasa.

"what if he thinks it's a date...?" Nene bit her lip nervously, her eyes widening as the screen suddenly showed Tsukasa was typing up a reply. Nene gasped, closing Tsukasa's message page in a panic, sending her back to all her conversations.

Nene took a deep breath, regaining her composure to actually look at her phone screen again. that's when Nene saw An's number, reminding her of the conversation they had a few days ago.

....

"I gotta go get Akito for our next class, I'll see you in last period! don't forget to text me!" An laughed, before zooming off to catch Akito.

.....

"maybe I should talk to her, just real quick..." Nene thought by the end of her flashback. "she must have some pretty decent advice, right? her and Akito must've gone through the same situation," so, she went to go text An.

....

meanwhile, Tsukasa was chilling in his bed, waiting for Nene to send another text. "did she just go offline!? is she trying to ghost me!?" Tsukasa yelled to himself, thinking of spamming her when he heard someone shouting his name from downstairs. it was faint, but it sounded like Saki, his sister, so he ran down there anyway.

Tsukasa sprinted down the hall leading to the kitchen, loudly bursting in to see if Saki was okay. "Saki!! what's wrong!? are you hurt!?" Tsukasa squawked out in worry, just to see that Saki was perfectly fine.

"Tsukasa, calm down! I'm fine!" Saki giggled. "I just wanted to tell you your friend Kusanagi-chan is at the door!" Saki said as she looked out the window, seeing Nene waiting on their doorstep.

"Kusanagi-san.... Nene..." Tsukasa paused.
"wait, I didn't expect her to come this early!! I'm still in my pajamas!" Tsukasa shouted, running all the way back up the stairs to his room to get dressed, and then all the way back downstairs to go out.

"wait, Tsukasa," Saki began, very straightforward, which was strange for her. "yeah?" Tsukasa asks, still holding tightly onto the door knob, he was about to open the door when Saki stopped him.

Saki looked very serious. it was silent for a while, making Tsukasa worry he had done something to make his frail little sister upset.

"just kidding! have fun, big bro!" Saki giggled her usual giggle once again, bonking Tsukasa on the head softly. Tsukasa's worry faded away, turning into a joking manner and smiling happily.

"thank you, Saki!!" Tsukasa shouted as he opened the door, finally taking his exit and stomping onto the door mat. he shut the door behind him and looked up to see Nene sitting down on his front stairs, waiting.

"ah, Nene! you should've told me you were coming this early!" Tsukasa spoke loudly, still making Nene jump a little, and it always will, no matter how much she had gotten used to it.

"Tsukasa... I sent you a message saying I was here, like, 30 minutes ago," Nene exhaled, fighting back the verge to facepalm right now.

"oh, uh..." Tsukasa laughed awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck to distract himself from the awkwardness.

"I knew you wouldn't see it and make an excuse for being late. anyways, let's just get going already..." Nene mumbled, blushing slightly.

"I was probably the only one worried he would think this was a date... also, why did I even invite him!? am I stupid!?" Nene internally facepalmed at herself instead of at Tsukasa.