5. Jupiter

The prince eventually reached the foot of the mountain and began walking back to the kingdom. He walked past the now burned town and saw all the bodies burned beyond recognition. He paid no mind to them and kept walking. After about one hour of walking he finally reached the kingdom. He ordered all the guards he could spot to go collect the treasure from the mountain and to bring it back.

As all the guards rushed toward the mountain, the prince heard footsteps. He turned around and saw the king standing in front of him.

"You're back." The king spoke. "How did it go?"

"It went well, your Highness. I have sent the guards to go and bring you the treasure."

"Excellent. You have done well, prince. Good job." The king praised.

"Hm." The prince didn't want to respond. He realized the king looked uneasy and he became curious.

"Is something troubling you, your Highness?"

"Ah... well, I do want to ask... where's Aiden? That brat didn't run away or do something stupid, did he?"

The prince held in a chuckle, he finally understood the king's point of view. Aiden really was nothing more than a regular mortal who, unfortunately, was bestowed the honor of being a prince, granting him more power than he should have.

"He didn't do anything, your Highness. He told me to descend the mountain on my own as he had something to do."

"Ugh... it's obviously something stupid. No matter, only he will bear the consequences so let us worry not."

"I will take my leave now, your Highness, I will go check on the guards."

The prince bowed down and left, rolling his eyes in his mind as he started walking back to the mountain. The king sighed and walked towards a certain painting that was just beside the door of his room.

"Oh, my dearest Eleanor, what should I do now? I fear that things have gone too far now, I cannot turn back. Please, help me survive this... I cannot defeat that monster alone." He said as he placed his hand on the painting and leaned his head against it.

" He said as he placed his hand on the painting and leaned his head against it

"This is quite a surprise, I never expected Leo's son to offer assistance to us...quite peculiar indeed." A man, sitting on throne with his head leaning on his hand said, smiling widely.

"Why not? That old hag has always been a prick, no doubt about that, he needs to know that actions have consequences, no?" Another figure said, who was down on one knee with one hand on his chest, looking up at the other man.

"Hm...You have a very interesting character, you know that? Very well, I will accept your offer. However, should you not follow through with your promise, I promise, that I will execute you." The man said with a threatening tone.