Now or Never

Today was a big day.

Finally, after two weeks it was time for the Basketball Game.

I couldn't believe how much had changed since then, considering that note Ryder had left me last night. I was truly astonished and excited about the whole day, decked out in nothing but school spirit wear from our fingered cut-out fishnet gloves, our mascot t-shirt and shorts, and my poofy hair pinned down in two pigtails with red and white colored bows.

Like always, I would be cheering for Jasmine and Devin with their big show-stopping cheer routine they'd been practicing for a while. But now for the first time, I'd also be rooting for the caption of the basketball team too.

Today this was their moment to shine regardless if we didn't even win. The only thing that mattered right now, was that they would all be happy and have fun.

"Let's go, Tigers! Let's go!" I kept hearing being chanted and clapped happily throughout the day wherever I went.

I was taking my seat in the bleachers, along with the entire staff and student body while the crowds were piling in and the school filled with pure joy, anticipation, and energy. Heck, a lot of the teachers were actually being more gentle and kind giving us hardly any mountains of homework at all too.

Thankfully, I hadn't seen Olivia, Adam, or Andrea ruin any of that though. In fact, I had no idea where they were now but that just made everything about this experience even better.

Yet there was still no sign of Ryder's parents anywhere either, which made me feel angered and hurt for him so much. I wanted to go to him right now just to make sure he would be okay.

Unfortunately though, the basketball coach had been blocking the boy's locker room pretty much all day once word got out that him and Olivia weren't a couple anymore, and a flood of girls kept barging in just to give him their number, see his sexy upper body shirtless—which I could contest from his adult years and what I felt up on the other night was spectacular, or ask him out.

"Welcome everyone to the 2004 Westwood High's Homecoming Game! We are pleased to see all of your bright and shining faces...can't get that though during regular school hours but, here we are! At this time, we ask for all to take their seats so we can begin." The Principal shouted through the mic over the intercom of the gym floor, sounding genuinely excited as well.

Just as the majority of the room—including the other team's side, enjoying their time and huddling their players together for one final pep talk...the lights suddenly went off completely.

With a baffled expression, the room grew quiet with small whispers to each other as I began looking around to see what was going on.

By the time I even had an idea, a single spotlight then hit in the center of the gym floor and Jasmine and Devin were posing in it appearing so bubbly and happy. 

Within seconds, the spotlight only grew bigger now showing off the entire cheerleading squad as the crowd screamed and cheered them on excitedly. I laughed and nodded feeling like a proud mother.

Breaking out into a highly awaited dance and performance while even our competitors were having a good time secretly too, music blasted through the building. 

Soon enough once it was all finished, the whole arena went nuts with great delight as the whole squad jumped up happily and waved at each of us in the stands.

Jasmine rushed over, taking the mic from the Principal who looked to her mystified for a moment but didn't stop her from coming back to the middle.

"Alright, Tigers! Who's got that school spirit now?!" She screamed happily as we all agreed. Giggling, she nodded well pleased. "Good! Because today's game is going to be epic, so don't forget to have all your energy amped and-"