Bride

He attended plenty of his peers wedding, he had seen other wedding scenes in other shows, but this felt so real that he wondered if he was actually getting married.

There was a nervousness on set, a strange tension, an anticipation that he never felt before. He had seen other wedding scenes before, granted they were usually at the end of a project and not the very start. 

"Is this all a set up for me to settle down? Maybe my mom has a hand in this" He laughed nervously as he played with his cuff links. He looked around to see the other cast members and staff enjoying the coffee truck his company had sent. "But it is a really beautiful day for a wedding."

It was one of those perfect clear days in Korea, the kind where the skies were so blue that it almost seemed fake. The smell of the flowers was soft and fragrant. They used so many real flowers for a single scene and he didn't understand why at first but now standing here he understood why. It made the whole set come alive.

An image of a love that was blooming.

As he got out of the dressing room, his own staff was hooting and shouting. "I never thought that this day would come" His long term manager wiped fake tears and He couldn't help but punch the man's shoulder. "Finally someone was able to tame the wild Kim Soo Hyun!"

"Yah! You're making me sound like some playboy. I'm just a guy waiting for the right girl. If I get married I want to do it once and do it right."

"And yet have you ever made an attempt to look for her? Nope! You just date girls that you know that you don't have a future with."

"That's not true!"

"It's pretty true."

He wasn't opposed to marriage but he would have to find someone who understands his work and trust him even when it came to romantic scenes.

He needed someone who would understand that he is someone that wants to explore different characters, immerse in them, their thoughts. That he would purge them once it was done but—he wanted to them to understand his craft.

Marriage just never seemed to be in the books for him. Those who we're not in the industry either wanted to be with him because of his wealth, fame, influence, and of course his looks. And they never understood why acting made him so happy like he was truly living.

And those in the industry, sometimes wanted the same or to give them things he couldn't provide. He couldn't promise them that he would never do romantic scenes but he could promise them his loyalty and hope they can trust him. That he would never betray them. He wanted to be nothing like his father, whose desire for fame and a more exciting life led to his parents divorce and his mother being his sole parent. He wanted a happy family life. But he also wanted to be able to come home and talk to someone who understood why he gets excited over a script. He wanted someone to analyze his performance with, someone who would make him want to be better. Someone that was a partner, an equal—what he wanted was things he only saw on the papers of scripts he received.

A soulmate.

"Why do I keep you around?"

"Cause I know all your deep dark secrets. Hey! Where are you going?"

"To find my bride!" He jokingly said with a wave behind his head and headed to where she would be getting ready. He had seen the call sheet and maybe because she was the bride, she had a earlier call time than he did. "She must be tired." He said with a frown before heading to the coffee truck his company had sent and got two iced coffees.

He knocked on her door before opening it slightly. "Can the groom come in?"

"You're not supposed to see the bride before the wedding!" A soft voice laughed and he stopped for a moment to enjoy the sound.