Day 31. Ugh

After our little conference meeting last night , Kaitlin still hadn't come to a decision of whether she was keeping the child.

Personally, I didn't think it was the best idea to have a baby as your number one priority whilst in high school since your education should be the most important but I wasn't the one who had a fetus living inside of me, Kaitlin did and so I would allow her to make the decision over her own child.

Early this morning I decided to sneak out of her cute pastel blue Manhattan-style home and back to my humble abode . I had only been here for 20 minutes and was bored out of my mind since it was 3:00 am . The sun had barely risen yet.

Hopefully Kyle was awake , even though I doubted it . He was a heavy sleeper .. a very heavy sleeper.

I decided to build up my courage, take away my pride and phone someone who I hadn't really been speaking to in what felt like years. I dialled the number and waited.

"Hey." his raspy voice spoke through the phone.

"J-Dawg." I grinned.

"I can automatically tell that you're smiling right now." he chuckled.

How did he know?

"Maybe . Maybe not." I lied.

"Deny it all you want, we both know it's true Ryanair. What are you doing awake anyway ?"

"I just home from a sleepover with the girls. Decided to leave a bit early.  What are you doing awake so early ?"

"You're my 3am thoughts." he muttered .

"Why me?"

"Because you're you .. Camilla Vanilla."

I couldn't help but smile at the very old but funny nickname he hadn't used in a while. It was like day 1 all over again, the first day I met him.

"It's our last few weeks left at Kayville and then we're being thrown out." I breathed, thinking of my first day here.

He laughed . "Thrown out ? Nah, we're being kicked out . We were considered the most misbehaving grade they have had here. "

"Mr Rodgers probably told them that. "

"Go to sleep now."

"I'm not tired."

"Make yourself tired then." he suggested. "How?"

The other end of the line went silent for what seemed to be five minutes . My phone buzzed sending me a notification, I put him on loudspeaker and checked my notification. It was a message from Jason , even if he was speaking to me on the phone. I pressed into the image he sent me and saw it was a picture of loads of sheep with the question at the bottom saying ; 'how much sheep are in this picture? Only smart people will know the answer."

"I'm not counting those sheep Jason. " I told him, barely looking at the picture.

"Do it.. if you're smart." He challenged.

One thing I disliked about Jason; he knew I wouldn't say no . Of course I'm not dumb and I didn't want him to feel like I couldn't take a challenge.

Sighing, I pressed back into the pictuere. "Fine. I'll call you back when I'm done."

I heard him snicker and just about make out the words 'okay.'. I hung up and began counting what looked like hundreds of sheep.

-

Kaitlin didn't come in today I'm guessing she's still too scared to face Ryan .

"I was so bored last night." Kyle whispered into my ear as he stood behind me .

"Blame Kaitlin."

"Bruce , why ?" he joked.

"Shutup." I chuckled, shoving him with my elbow.

We were standing in the hall , preparing to sit down in the chairs designated for us. It was a good thing Kyle was now  in my World History class or else I wouldn't be able to sit next to him. However Jason also was and the two of them clearly still had their ongoing rivalry .

Once we sat down in the third row, we waited for all the other students to pile up in the seats behind us . "It's getting so packed in here."

"I like it, it allows us to talk as the teachers won't notice us in such a big crowd.'

Fair point.

Jason arrived with Miss Baust looking much more awake compared to how he sounded on the phone earlier this morning. He sat in the seat beside me , Ryan beside him even if he wasn't in our class.

Rebels.

The lights dimmed in the hall making nearly everyone was unnoticeable , except for the teachers who stood and sat on the side where the lights from the ceiling shone down. Principal stood in the middle of the hall on his podium with the gym teachers on either side.

"Did you count the sheep?" Jason whispered, leaning his body towards mine.

I slowly nodded my head,hoping Kyle wouldn't notice and get angry I was acknowledging Jason. Although he already seemed completely interested in what Principal was saying.

"There were 114 altogether." I answered.

Jason's hand rested on my thigh, causing me to do a short squeal. Kyle looked over at me confused as I pushed away his hand quickly.

"You okay?"

"Uh-huh. Just had a spider on me. " I lied.

He nodded his head and was straight back to listening to the boring  announcement .

"Why did you squeal , you pig." Jason stifled a laugh.

"Touching a girls thigh is her weakness. " I responded.

"Has Kyle ever done it?" Jason asked

I shook my head , trying to be as quiet as possible. "Then he's not playing the boyfriend role properly."

"Kyle plays it exactly how he's supposed to." I argued. "So does he wake you up  with a text saying I love you every morning? Does he tell you everything about himself ,his aspirations, dreams , life goals , hobbies?"

"Has he even said I love you at least once today ? Does he know you hate milk and love mint icecream ?" Jason went on.

That's when I got annoyed, but not at Jason but at myself for allowing Jason to know so much about me and not my own boyfriend.

"He's bought me a massive teddy bear , he's taken me cliff-diving and was there when I dyed my hair."

"That's it?" Jason scoffed. "Are you sure he's your boyfriend and not your bestfriend?"

This time I didn't have a reply and instead went into my thoughts. Why did Jason care so much if Kyle had done or said any of those things? He should atleast be happy for me.

"Catch ya later Camilla Vanilla." he stood up from his seat and both him, Ryan , Marco and the rest of his friends left the hall without being stopped by the teachers.

They were full of power in this school due to their parents.

Untouched. Worthy. Winners.