i. CARPE DIEM , KIRIGIRI ! - part 1

author's notes
OH BOY,  it has been almsot two years since i have made that announcement... i'm sosorry y'all, a lot was on my plate since then 😭 it's my summer vacation now though so hopefully you can accept this fic update!

my writing style for fanfics and for original works are soooo different istg... I had a whiplash writing this HELP

i'm almost done revising the prologue, but i'll try (keyword, tryyyy) to update as much as i can. thank you for supporting my love for celesgiri! this is part 1 of chapter 1!

ALSO iiiiiii wanted to give kyoko more personality depth than just being 'stern'. not saying that's her entire personality. i hope ykwim!

SEIZE THE DAY!

If it were not for the door creak scraping the floors, Celestia would have pay no heed to who had dare to enter her personal lounge. Fortunately for the gambler, though, tonight was her lucky night the moment her crimson-filled pupils met with Kyoko's stern-natured appearance. If Kyoko was keeping count, it did not take even a millisecond for the other woman to curl her lips- in which the detective pointed was smothered with a dark red lip shade, topped with a shiny gloss- into a grin. Ah, that grin. Kyoko then thought. The grin every loan shark berated; a grin every gambling addict would immediately succumb to.

The detective has seen grins like that in the past. The people who could shape their lips in such form had no problem jeopardizing others. To be able to grin as such felt conceited, vicious even. It was even a privilege to be able to hold such an expression. If it weren't for their noticeable exchange of stares, Kyoko would have continued to take in-depth observation with the way the gambler had presented herself. Her body language seemed relaxed, with the way her hands did not grip on her tea cup tightly. The apples of her cheek showed no signs of tension and in fact, would puff in the same way one would happily greet a friend. Kyoko gave the woman a small bow to be polite, greeting her.

"I've been expecting you, Ms. Kirigiri. You're making my evening very special right now." Celestia spoke, breaking the noticeable silence between them, "The Lady Sherlock. Is that what they call you? I don't think it suits a cute woman like you."

Kyoko shook her head, chuckling lowly at the remarks of the gambler. She chuckled not out of appreciation (at least, not at the moment.), but it was clear that Celestia was merely only trying to make her feel special. Was this how she made everything go her way all the time? "Oh please, no need for the flattery, Ms. Ludenberg. I am but a humble detective."

"Humble detective," Celestia repeated, tutting as she downs her teacup to the table. "Your last case were meeting headlines. I have yet to catch up with the trending discourses and whatever are they putting on the news nowadays but even I know how you managed to strike that serial murderer after ten years of escape."

"Touché." What Celestia said was true, and Kyoko nodded her head at that.

This made Celestia grin once again. A mischievious grin, in fact. Albeit she was a fan of the detective, Celestia was unaware of Kyoko Kirigiri as a person. Meeting new people, in a way, was a gamble in itself. One would assume another's personality with the way they carry themselves only to be greeted with someone who was further away from all the exterior goodness.

As she eyes the way Kyoko presented herself, she could not help if it would apply the same for her too. She observes the way the woman had worn these mahogany-coloured gloves that matched with her attire; or the way Kyoko's hair was neatly kept in a fresh ponytail. The little details too, Celestia bothered to be attentive of. with how her white collar was pressed straight, it made her look so well put overall. Would that make Kyoko a formal, typical conservative woman? Whether if her guesses would be right or wrong, Celestia was dying to know.