25. [2/2]

It had almost been an hour and no one had seen his brother or Piper

As hard as he tried, he just couldn't come up with a reason as to why they hadn't come back already. He knew nothing was going to happen, as much as Matt liked to torture Chris, he would never do something like that to him.

"Okay, what the fuck, we need to address it" Nick said. "Where the fuck is Matt?"

"And Piper" Nate added. Gabby looked at him funnily. "She looked weird when they left."

Chris almost shuddered as he remembered the ruthlessness on her face, it wasn't a new expression. It was a look he'd gotten used to see on her whenever she was planning to get back at him.

"I bet you know where they are" Chris said to Gabby.

She looked unimpressed, the lack of worry on her face only proved his point.

"Of course I know" she rolled her eyes and Chris started to get impatient. "I texted her as soon as she left the game."

"Where is she?"

"With your brother" she mocked him. His stomach twisted, the implication of her words causing his heart to pang painfully.

A muscle in Chris' jaw ticked. "Fine. Don't tell me. Let's just look for them."

Nate and Gabby went upstairs, while Nick headed to the backyard. Chris automatically turned to the door that lead to Nate's basement, afraid that it would be locked, he put his hand on the knob and was about to turn it when something clicked and the door opened making him back up.

"Holy shit!" Matt stepped forward "Dude, you scared me..."

"Where's Piper?" he immediately asked, his brother flinched at his tone.

"Chris, I swear nothing happened."

"I know" he looked at his feet.

"Wow, I leave for five seconds and the party dies?" a voice interrupted them, slicing through the tension like a hot knife through butter. Chris dreaded looking at her, his eyes were glued to the floor. "What did we miss?" she asked, her voice so calm it angered him to the point his eyes snapped up to meet hers. Her smile wavered.

"Where were you?" he asked, trying to keep his emotions in check. She closed the door behind her and slowly approached him.

"Downstairs" Matt answered for her, "we were watching a movie."

"Watching... a movie..."

Chris wanted to laugh or yell.

"I don't believe you" he said, for the first time properly addressing his brother. Matt's back went rigid, the tension in his and Piper's body sent alarms ringing on his head.

"Chris, I don't think this is-" Matt stepped in, placing a hand on his shoulder. Chris shook it off, walking to towards the girl. "Chris!"

"What were you trying to do?" he hissed at her "Going off with Matt? In front of everyone... Why would you do that?"