43. Recess 1/2?

In my grandma's lap, I'm drowning in her perfume,

Too naive to think about the words she whispered,

Your heart felt heavy as you fluttered your eyes awake, quietly groaning to yourself when you realized you were at a beach setting, the color drained from the setting, but you saw that you were still in color. It felt like you were really there, more than last time, the cold and salty wind blowing against your skin, the feeling of the small grains of sand rubbing against you.

At this point, this was your third dream, and now that you were thinking about, why were all these dreams correlated to old movies? While looking off into the distance and thinking to yourself, you just concluded it was because it was the nature of this world. It didn't make any sense to you, but what good would it give you if you knew anyway? It was like that whole [Name] thing...

You stepped closer to the dully colored water, trying not to shiver from the ice cold sea waters that were brushing past your feet as the small waves came to shore, thats when you noticed a limping boy, being dragged away from the sea by an older man, their talking was echoed off the skies, like sfx didn't apply to them.

"Prince Eric!"

"A girl... she saved me...!"

"She had the most majestic voice..."

"Why is my heart racing?"

You turned your head to see a mermaid girl, her flowing hair being combed by the wind, the waves crashing against the rock she was kneeling on, her bright eyes looking at the pair, she seemed infatuated, like a young girl who just developed her first crush, you wonder if you ever felt that before you died.

Or if you're feeling that for someone right now...

"I know someday I will be, a part of your world!"

The girl sang, a big wave crashing on her rock, adding to her happy and determined energy, her eyes sparkling with the shine of the supposed sea foam.

Sometimes you wished that boy problems were your biggest problem...

"Mmm...mgh..." you smacked your hand over your phone, stopping that blaring alarm, lately, you haven't been able to stay awake as late as you usually do, and you've been craving more sleep... but to be honest, sleeping felt like work as you didn'T always feel "refreshed" as people say.

You clicked your tongue on the roof of your mouth as you tried to wake yourself up, soothing your hair by putting it all on one shoulder, your vision focused on your little feline monster. "Grim...? Are you studying?" You asked, but Grim didn't answer, they kept his focus on the textbook and packets in front of them.

"Maybe I'm still dreaming..." you mumbled, rolling out of bed, only to make a loud thud on the ground. Damn, you must be beyond tired right now, but then again, you were reviewing some material with Yuu and Grim for the exam today-

"NYAH! Don't scare me like that! You're gonna make me forget everything!" Grim pouted, turning to you, Grim crawled over and flattened your hair, "Hurry up, I'm ready to ace this, so you better too," Grim said encouragingly, making your smile, sitting up on the ground, petting Grim's flame ears.