Chapter 3

We looked around the corridor checking to see if any of the prisoners had gotten out of their cells but our disadvantaged there was nothing there. Did we actually hear that? Were our minds is playing tricks on us? So many questions and not one could be answered.
After a while of continuous searching Moo simply shrugged his shoulders and told me to continue walking. I felt very uneasy doing this, what made it worse is that Moo was going to stay behind just in case there was a prisoner roaming around.
"Alright I'll just be heading out now, see you later Moo.." I could feel myself shaking, I was never one for wanting to be alone it felt like eyes were watching me when ever I did.
Moo nodes his head and turns his back to me, scanning the area.
So with that I turn my back to his and continue walking on. Nothing seems to be out of place in fact everything seems actually normal. Taking that as a good thing I sighed with relief continuing my patrol.

I noticed when I was walking that I would hear an occasional laugh, this would always make the hairs on my back stand, but aside from that the day went by pretty fast and in check. Before I knew it I was already heading back to my room for some sleep.
Supposedly Brock hadn't gotten back yet, I'm guessing his patrol isn't over even though he started before me, hopefully he gets back soon.
Once I got to my room I quickly undressed and jumped into bed hoping that would knock me out but I just can't.
"Delirious..." I quietly whisper to myself, that name was the only thing running through my head along side the image of the masked man I'm guessing to be him.. I so badly wanted to know more about this person just a bit of information would do me good, and with that last thought I fell asleep.

The next day...

Waking up today felt just like the day before, completely out of energy and not in the mood, even getting dressed felt the same as strange as it is to say. The only thing different about today was that the guys weren't laughing in fact they all looked devastated.
"What's wrong guys?" I asked in a bit of a whisper, there was so much silence I wasn't sure if I was in any place to speak if that makes any sense... I just had to know what was bothering them.
Nogla looked up at me and shook his head with a reply. "It's nothing Evan we're just thinking about something." Now usually it takes a lot to piss me off but this really did and very fast. Why is it that everybody's having problems telling me things around here!? Nobody can tell me the truth! It's as if they're hiding things things I should know!
"And why the hell should I not know?" I asked as calmly as possible but I could see that it still had an effect on the guys.
They were all caught off guard by my reaction.
"I'm sorry I didn't mean to snap like that.. Its just this is been happening for 3 weeks straight ever since I came here to work nobody has been telling me any information I feel like I should know! For fuck sake I didn't even know that this was a prison!!" Who am I kidding? It's not their fault for my ignorance. I just hate being the last to know, you know?
"No its fine, we're sorry we haven't been telling you this stuff. We just didn't think it'd matter.. Might as well tell you what's up right now." Nogla sighs before he continues.
"As you probably know Brock was working late last night."
"Yea?" This caught me off guard for some reason, in fact I felt a bit.. Anxious.
"Evan.. They.. Found a body.. The person was beat to the point they were no longer recognizable so we're not sure if it's him but.." Nogla stops there, that's as far as he could go, that's all he had to say..
"He.. He can't be dead.. He's probably just out! Come on you guys! He can't be dead." My voice cracking towards the end.
What made me feel worse was that deep down I felt like I already knew this..
Nogla put his hand on my shoulder with a reassuring smile this gave me some hope.
"The second they find out they'll notify us.." I node my head as a reply.
"Until then you'll be patrolling with Mini an-"
"No.. " I cut him off. "But Evan it's not safe to be walking around alone! I don't know how this happened or why but the main thing is it's not safe right now." Nogla tries to reason with me but I reject everything irritating him.
"Fine! Just keep your guard up.." He starts walking to his assigned area gesturing the others to follow. "Better eat something, your gonna need the energy." And just like that they were gone.
I don't regret what I did, I know I caused them to worry but the last thing they need to be worrying about is me, plus I don't want to be treated like I can't defend myself.
I walk to the counter and order a burger strange things to have in the morning I know but that's all they had up. While I was there a group of guards were discussing things about the prisoners being more aggressive and suspicious.
"I'm telling you they're up to something.. And it's not just a few of them it's all of them.. Ever since that damn psychopath came here!" The one that was speaking was obviously frantic.
"Cry please calm down, I highly doubt they're planning anything. Also that guy is pretty shady but is no threat."
"Felix please I've been noticing this behavior from months now. At first it was small nothing too big, then they started disobeying the guards some even had the guts to try to attack them. There are even some turning their backs on each other!"
I wanted to hear more but my food was ready and I had get to work. I walk to my seat and quietly eat.
Not going to lie everything he said did sound suspicious but he could always just be feeling paranoid.
Today I'm going to watching the behavior of the prisoners a bit closer to see if what Cry was saying is true..
I stand, throw away my trash, and sprint to the cafeteria before breakfast for the prisoners is done. As I ran thought of Delirious bashes through my head making my knees grow weak.
Shaking it off I reach my destination in no time, to my surprise Cry was right.
A group of prisoners were fighting. Why weren't the guards doing anything?
I look up at a Mini hoping he'd be sprinting into action to save the man who's being beaten to death since he's the heart of the group but instead he's just looking away.. He's ignoring this.. I look at the injured man.. I can't allow this.
I jump into action, kicking one guy away then knocking out the other. I pull out my knife and threaten to kill whoever dared to attack.
Finally those jerks come to help me by holding down the fort while I attend to the beaten man, he's okay but needs some medical help.
I pick him up but stop due to the feeling of someone watching me. I turn around spotting those beautiful blue eyes again.
"Delirious." Everything in the room zoomed out, it was just the two of us. I wanted to talk to him, say something to him.
I snap out of if when someone grabs something from my arms. The man. Looking around I see that Tyler has him heading to the infirmary.
He'll be okay, I look back to Delirious and see that he's still watching me.
Why is he making me feel this way? Why does he make me stop in the middle of what I'm doing and just stare at him? What is he doing to me?
Our little staring contest was ended by the sound of a bell ringing. Breakfast is over, time to go patrol the area as I did yesterday.

Walking the same path I walked with Moo pumped memories through my collapsing mind. I hated how Delirious made me forget those so fast, I hated how I felt like he's the only thing I needed, I hated how he was the only thing I wanted.
I stop where I last saw Brock yesterday, and where I heard that insane laughter. I'm so confused something about this place is messing with my head. I don't understand.. What's happening? Damn questions... I don't think the other guards are going to let me in on any information so I'm going to have to do this myself, my own investigation, look through more files, probably even start talking to the prisoners if I have to.
"I see something gotten to you, what's up?"
I look up and freeze. What the hell was he doing here? The great Delirious was looking down at me with his perfect emotionless eyes. Now's my chance to talk to him, finally.
"Stuff.. You seem to be connected to most of the drama happening here, or to me you do, and for some reason everything about you seems to be at every bad moment here. They're fighting you just so happen to be there, somebody goes missing your name just so happens to be heard, what are you doing? What are you planning?"
As straightforward as it seemed it was actually a lot softer which surprised me.
He quietly chuckles. "Just got started up with work and already assuming things. I like you." I feel my face burn up at the comment, Ugh!! Why did I have to feel this way!?
I'm guessing he noticed the redness in my face regardless of my mask because next thing I knew he was closer to me, way closer. Our faces were inches apart the only thing blocking our lips from meeting was his mask.. I wasn't sure if I wanted that mask off or if I preferred it being there, but one thing was for certain. His eye's are very familiar now that I look closer at them.
"You want answers I want to be remembered, you remember me and I'll start talking."
He runs his rough finger across my cheek making me shiver. Remember him? How do I remember someone I've never met?..
He pulls away almost making me whimper, I longed to feel him this close but what's the meaning behind it? What the hell is he doing to me?
"Oh and by the way you have till the ending of this month before it's too late, bye cutie."
I don't reply, I can't he literally took my words away, all I could do was node my head with a smile. Finally someone to answer my questions!
This'll be fun.. Especially if I'm playing this game with Delirious...

✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘
Sorry if this chapter wasn't at it's best! I just felt I should post it already since I haven't updated in awhile
But I still did my best