Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

"Those lonely places inside me, turns out to be the places I always desire to be in." ~PSEUDYCUS

                   🍂🍂🍂
           ~Eddie's POV~

        The entire ride to my house was an entire blur. I didn't know what to say to Aurora.

        But to be honest, the entire night was a blur to me. From fighting off someone to hearing more news about Maeve...my entire mind was barely processing.

        However, the worst part of the night was Aurora finding out who I was. Not only did she find out, but she saw what my features possessed when I was in that state of living.

        She was never meant to see me like that...she was never meant to know.

        Steve was right though...my secret was going to come out and she was going to know...but not like this.

        After Aurora and I made our way into the house, I went to my bedroom and prepared to shower.

🍂🍂🍂
                                ~Aurora's POV~

        Eddie has not spoken a word to me since we left downtown. I understand that he is processing everything.

        But, I also can see that he is hurting and worried.

        After I saw him go to his room, I went to the guest room to get ready for bed. However, my movements were much slower tonight.

        All I could think about was Eddie. I can't go to sleep knowing that he is in a state of despair.

        I heard the shower turn off and I took that as my chance to go to him.

                   🍂🍂🍂
               ~Eddie's POV~

        Once I found the strength to get out of the shower, I put some sweatpants on and walked over to the sink.

        I just stood there and looked at myself in the mirror above the sink. My entire canvas of scars that I had endured a few months ago are still there and so are my tattoos.

        My knuckles had scruff and blood on them from fighting off Nathan. My face was still intact.

        I was so tired that I didn't realize tears were coming down my cheeks.

        I knew I was going to have to face Aurora...but not tonight.

        Tonight...I just want to forget everything.

🍂🍂🍂
                   ~Aurora's POV~

        When I heard the door of the bathroom open, I walked over to my door. I looked out and saw Eddie going into his room.

        I breathed in and out...in and out.