⛏17

Renjun sat at his desk, staring blankly at the stack of papers in front of him. His fingers drummed a restless rhythm on the surface. The clock's ticking seemed to mock him, each second a reminder of the control slipping through his fingers.

The Anonymous case, the one that should have been under his control, was now in Haechan's hands. It stung more than he wanted to admit. His pride was wounded, and his frustration was palpable.

Jisung and Chenle were in the room, equally tense. Jisung, pacing back and forth, finally broke the silence. "This is ridiculous. That case was ours."

Chenle leaned against the wall, arms crossed, a scowl marring his usually cheerful expression. "It's like they don't trust us," he grumbled, his tone bitter. "Like we're not capable of handling it."

Renjun's jaw tightened. "We've put in so much work on this. It's not just about the case-it's about proving we can get the job done. This is our reputation on the line."

Chenle nodded, his eyes narrowing. "Yeah. We need to get this case back. It's about our reputation."

"We'll make them see we're the best choice. We'll get it back."

Jisung chuckled softly, "We just need to stay a step ahead and keep our cool. Haechan's good, but we've got our own edge."

Chenle hummed, "Yeah, as long as we keep it tight, there's no way he'll see it coming."

"Have some patience. Time will do its job"

Renjun, Chenle, and Jisung *sigh* don't be so selfish 😒

Yeon 🐱
2024/06/13