⛏18

"Congrats on being assigned the new lead detective for the Anonymous case Hyuuuuuckkk"

Before Haechan could turn around, he was headlocked, catching him off guard as he grabbed the person's waist for support, all while they were giggling.

"Riri, you better let go of me if you don't want me to drop you."

The person chuckled, releasing him but not before giving his hair a playful ruffle. "Congrats, you big goof."

Haechan grinned, smoothing down his hair. "Thanks, Nari."

Leaning against his desk, Nari's expression softened.
"You've earned it, Hyuk. This is a big step."

Haechan chuckled, shaking his head. "Feels surreal, honestly. Remember when we used to play detectives in the backyard?"

Nari laughed, her eyes sparkling with nostalgia. "Of course! You were always the lead detective, even back then. Some things never change."

"Well, looks like all those backyard mysteries paid off... Couldn't have done it without your support, though." He winked at her.

Rolling her eyes playfully, Nari waved off his compliment. "Please, you would've been fine on your own. But I'm glad to be along for the ride being your assistant"

Haechan's expression softened. "Means a lot, Nari. Really."

As children, Nari and Haechan had been inseparable, their friendship forged in the simple joys of youth. They spent their days exploring the hidden corners of their neighborhood, chasing after dreams, and imagining a future filled with adventure.

Their favorite game was playing detectives, solving imaginary mysteries with nothing but their wits and a sense of wonder. With Nari's quick thinking and Haechan's boundless curiosity, there was no puzzle they couldn't crack, no riddle they couldn't unravel.

But as they grew older, their childhood dreams took on a new significance. They realized that their passion for solving mysteries could become more than just a game - it could become their life's work. However, they also knew it wouldn't be easy.

Together, they enrolled in the police academy, determined to realize their dreams. They faced the challenges of training with determination and perseverance, pushing each other to be the best they could be.

Graduation day was a momentous occasion culminating in years of hard work and dedication. As they stood side by side, badges gleaming proudly on their chests, Nari and Haechan knew that their journey was only just beginning.

Now, as detectives serving the city they loved, Haechan often took the lead on high-profile cases, showcasing his sharp intuition and strategic thinking. Nari, equally talented and resourceful, was assigned as his assistant detective, a role she embraced wholeheartedly. However, Nari wasn't content with just being Haechan's second-in-command.

In addition to supporting Haechan on their joint investigations, Nari took on her own responsibilities within the department. She regularly attended police training seminars, eager to stay up-to-date on the latest techniques and advancements in law enforcement. Nari also played a key role in training recruits, sharing her knowledge and expertise with the next generation of officers.

"Coffee on me?"

Haechan stood up with a smirk, grabbing his jacket. "As long as you're not the one making it."

Nari slapped his arm as they both exited his office,
"Don't worry honey, I wasn't planning on poisoning you today anyway"

"Well... I'm going to sleep with one eye open, just in case"

Yeah so Haechan has bestie wygd? 💃🏻

Yeon 🐱
2024/06/14