First Day of School

"Hey! Kimberly! Joseph is throwing a party tonight. Wanna go?" Jailene asks me.

"I don't know." I say

"Oh, come on. I know you've been eyeballing Joseph ever since he moved into our math class. I see you." She laughs. I laugh as well and accept.

"Okay. Let's go to a party." I say.

"Good. I know you're moving to Korea next week, so we can use this as a goodbye party. Everyone else is going to be there, too." she says.

***

"Hey. You're Kimberly right?" Joseph asks me. I nod and he hands me a drink. I accept it and we both drink together.

"Jailene mentioned me?" I ask him. He chuckles and nods his head.

"And I should've believed her when she said you were pretty." he says. I smile a little and blush. I...I mean we...both continue to drink more.

We both drank and spoke to each other the whole party. He was actually very hilarious. I knew he was funny, but I didn't think he would be that funny.

A couple of minutes later, he made a move on me. He put his cup down on the ground and pulled me close to him. He leaned down and we started making out. My arms were wrapped around his neck and he held my waist very close to his. He then lifted me up against the wall, and we continued making out.

I felt him pull me away from the wall. I felt him start to walk. I didn't care at the moment where he was taking me.

We ended up in a bedroom, and I heard him lock the door.  He laid me down gently onto the bed and crawled over me. He started kissing all over my neck and even unbuttoned my shorts. Right there, I tried to stop what we were doing.

I grabbed his hands and he kept unbuttoning. It all happened so fast. His pants were unbuttoned and pulled down as well. Both of ours were. He grabbed both of my wrists and pinned them besides my head. He kept making out with my neck and then he goes for it. I start to scream, but then he covers my mouth with his hand.

He goes rough and just continued leaving marks on my neck. He got tired of covering my mouth, that he aggressively kissed my lips to shut me up. I keep screaming. I'm yelling. Nobody can hear me. He keeps going and going and going and-

"Ahhhhhh!" I scream, sitting up on my bed, waking up from my sleep. I hear my parents run from their rooms to mine. My mom rushes over to my bed and sits next to me. I'm sweating a little and I'm slightly crying. My dad stays besides me as well and rubs my back.

"It's okay honey. It was just a bad dream." my mom says to me.

I nod my head, but they don't know. It's not just a bad dream, it's a horrible memory replaying through my head over and over again. My parents don't know what happened to me a week ago. Not even my friends. That'd be embarrassing.

My parents, they have no idea about the party, or about the rape. I'm such an angel in their eyes. They'd brag about me to their friends back in America that I would never get in trouble at school, and that every single teacher loved me. But one, but that's not important.

Both of my parents kissed my head and walk out, back into their rooms. I look at the time and see that it's 4 in the morning. I don't even bother trying to go back to sleep. I don't want to be haunted by that again.

I stand up and walk over to my bathroom. I turn on the sink and wash my face. If I'm going to stay awake, at least make myself look awake so I don't have to do anything when it's time to get ready for my first day of school.