14.

A few weeks go by and aria has made a new friend. Her name is Scarlett and she's always sad, but around Aria she's energetic, bubbly and extremely hilarious. They were basically inseparable since Billie had left the state for a couple months.
But this morning changed everything.

Scarlett🤞🏼- Hi Aria!! I know you are sleeping right now and it hurts me to write this. By the time you read this I'm probably already gone but I have to say goodbye one last time now, I can't take it anymore. I am destroyed. But I want you to know that I am so grateful for you and everything you have done for me I want you to know that you are the one who made me stay here this long but I can't let you have my life in your hands anymore, I love you more than anything on this earth and you mean so much to me. I am so proud of you and I'll always be here for you even when you can't see me. Say goodbye to everyone for me and give Jack a big hug for me and tell him his big sister loves him and it wasn't his fault that I did this. You can talk to me whenever and I'll always be there to listen even if I don't answer. Goodnight for last time Aria❤️

Arias mouth hung open as she felt paralyzed. She couldn't find the courage to text back so she called. She called and called and called and to her avail there was no answer.
She called once last time just to hear her voicemail but her mom answered.

I'm sorry aria sweetie but. Scarlett passed away last night. Her service is tomorrow if you'd like to come pay your respects.

Instead of answering aria dropped the phone. She was in utter shock.
Aria was home alone. She didn't know what to do so she walked to Scarlett's family's house and knocked on the door.
"Hello Aria." Her mom sniffled while bringing her into a hug.
Aria couldn't speak. She couldn't change the shocked expression that was plastered across her face.
All she could do was cry subtle tears.
A few hours later aria warmed up to Scarlett's family.
They were warm, gentle, kind and welcoming no matter what the circumstances were.
"She'd definitely want you to have this." Her mom gave a sweet smile while putting a necklace in her hand.
"It's beautiful." Aria whispered, her throat sore from crying.

The next day was the funeral.
Aria walked into the cemetery slowly, her hands crossed infront of her as she paid her respects to her friends family.
"Jack buddy." Aria started while hugging the little boy.
"Is she ever going to come back?" He asked, his eyes wide and hopeful.
"You'll see her again soon buddy I promise. It wasn't your fault she went away. She loved you very much."
Aria couldn't choke back the tears anymore. They began racing down her face as she embraced the young boy.