Chapter 1: The Demon World

### Chapter 1: The Demon World

Suzuki Hanako, a 23-year-old university student, found herself on a tuna fishing boat in the middle of the ocean, far from the typical summer vacation. She was working alongside her younger brother, Iruma, as part of a grueling job forced upon them by their parents' selfishness. Their parents, refusing to work and living off their children, had pushed Hanako and Iruma to labor for their survival. Hanako, though able to leave this life, stayed for her brother's sake, unwilling to abandon him to bear the burden alone.

"Iruma! Hanako! You're in charge! If this falls apart, your pay is going to be halved!" the boat captain barked.

"Yes, sir!" Iruma replied, his voice strained but obedient.

Hanako pushed back a smelly, dead tuna fish into the cage with a grimace. "Stupid job! How could Mom and Dad let you work like this while they're enjoying their lives?" she fumed, her anger evident in her voice.

"Onee-san..." Iruma began, but Hanako cut him off.

"Come on, Iruma! You need to learn to say no and start telling them off. They can't take advantage of you like this!"

"You know I can't," Iruma's voice was small, resigned.

"Hmph... Well, once you turn 18, we can finally leave them—" Hanako's words were abruptly interrupted by a massive wave crashing against the boat, sending tuna fish flying out of their cages. Amid the chaos, everything seemed to freeze as if time had stopped.

Suddenly, their surroundings faded into a red void. Hanako and Iruma found themselves tied up, staring at a stranger. A piece of paper slapped onto them with a wave of the stranger's hand, the word 'SOLD' glaring back at them.

"HUH?!" Hanako and Iruma's thoughts raced in alarm. Hanako looked around frantically, desperate to find a way to escape, but there was no way out. Before they knew it, they were flying above a dense forest.

"What? Where are we? Who are you?" Iruma asked timidly, his voice shaking.

The stranger spoke in a language neither Hanako nor Iruma understood. With a snap of his fingers, the words became clear.

"I made it so that you both can understand the demon language," the stranger said.

"Demon?!" Hanako and Iruma echoed in disbelief.

"Yes, I put a spell on you so you can understand the demon language," the stranger repeated.

"Hey, what's going on?! Let us go! Where are we?!" Hanako demanded, struggling to break free but to no avail.

"We'll talk about it more at my place," the stranger replied nonchalantly.

In an instant, they found themselves in a grand hall, sitting on throne-like chairs, with the demon kneeling before them.

"Will you both be my grandchildren?" the demon asked.

"Huh??!" Hanako and Iruma said in unison, shock evident on their faces.

"You see, my name is Sullivan, and I've always dreamed of having grandchildren. Now I can have two!" Sullivan said, gripping their hands excitedly. "I've always been so envious of Levy and Belial bragging about their grandkids. I'll do anything for you! I'll spoil you both so much! So please, I beg of you! Will you be my grandchildren?"

"But we were sold to you?" Iruma asked, confusion clouding his eyes.

"Yes, well, you do have the right to decline, and I respect your wishes," Sullivan said, turning away sadly. "Both of you can say no if you want."

Hanako glanced at her younger brother, knowing he had never refused anyone in his life. The situation was bizarre, and refusing a demon seemed impossible.

"But I beg of you! Please consider this! Help an old man fulfill his dream!" Sullivan pleaded.

Hanako sighed, knowing that Iruma could not deny such a heartfelt request. And how could she refuse a demon who had brought them to this strange world?

In the end, they agreed to become Sullivan's grandchildren, not fully understanding the gravity of their decision.

"Well, now that's settled. Here," Sullivan said with a snap of his fingers. The room transformed into a luxurious bedroom. Another snap, and both of them were dressed in new clothes. Iruma wore a blue uniform with a red tie, while Hanako was in a fitted black long-sleeve top and matching bottoms, with boots and a dark purple mini cape.

"What's this?" Iruma asked nervously.

"Education, of course!" Sullivan said, clasping his hands together happily. Books, stationery, and various supplies floated around them before settling on the floor. "Since your parents always made you work, now you can go to school. Iruma-kun will attend Babyls Demon School, and Hanako-chan will be teaching!"

"Demon school?"

"Teaching?"

"Yes! Babyls Demon School! Don't worry, all the documents have been handled," Sullivan said, smiling excitedly.

"Wait! I have so many questions!" Hanako exclaimed.

"Don't worry! I'll answer all your queries tomorrow. For now, let's take a picture in front of the school. And maybe you can call me 'Ojiisan'?"

"Ojiisan?" Iruma said.

"Yes, 'Ojiisan'! That sounds wonderful!" Sullivan shivered with joy.

"B-But..." Hanako tried to interrupt, but Sullivan snapped his fingers again, changing the room into a luxurious bedroom.

"This is Iruma's room," Sullivan said. "Now, Hanako-chan, let me show you to your room." He led her down the hallway to a room with a black and purple theme, matching her new attire.

"Alright, for now, have a good night's rest! I'll show you around tomorrow!" Sullivan said, bidding them goodnight.

Hanako and Iruma nodded at each other, still trying to process the whirlwind of events. Hanako then changed into the provided pajamas and sank into the soft mattress, her mind racing with thoughts of what teaching at a demon school might entail.

'This must be a dream,' she thought sleepily as she drifted off, the strange new world enveloping her in its enigmatic embrace.

***
Note:
Here's chapter 1. Hope you liked it. Heheh.