⩩15

━━━━⊱❀ • ❀⊰━━━━

While Yeri and Minho were conversing, Beomja overheard everything while she was hiding behind a tree. And to make things worse Haein stood in the doorway, her expression shifted from confusion to betrayal.

Her fists clenched at her sides as she struggled to process the sight she had just stumbled upon. Her eyes darted between Minho and Yeri, searching for answers that seemed to elude her.

Jake, adding fuel to the fire, said, "See who you're playing with? You shouldn't trust anyone so much, Haein."

Haein turned to face Jake, her eyes red with emotion. Jake's words hung heavy in the air, challenging her resolve. From his pocket, Jake produced two rings, a silent testament to the choice before her.

"So, what's it going to be?" he asked, his voice steady yet tinged with urgency. "Will you give up, or will you keep fighting?"

Haein's gaze flickered between the rings in Jake's hand and her father, her mind swirling with conflicting emotions. She felt the weight of Jake's words pressing down on her, urging her to make a choice. With red eyes brimming with unshed tears, she squared her shoulders and took a deep breath, summoning her resolve.

Turning to face her father, she found herself searching for a sign, a glimmer of understanding or support. Yet, in that moment of uncertainty, she found only silence, a void where reassurance should have been.

Her trembling fingers reached out, hesitating for a moment before finally grasping the rings from Jake's outstretched hand.

She stormed towards her father and Yeri, her gaze piercing and unwavering. Her father's expression shifted from confusion to concern, sensing the tension radiating from his daughter. Before Haein could speak, Minho intervened, his voice filled with forced cheerfulness as he attempted to diffuse the brewing conflict.

 "My sweet daughter and my son, welcome home!" he exclaimed, his words masking the underlying tension. "What are you doing here outside? Let's enter." His attempt to divert attention from the brewing storm was palpable, though the unspoken tension lingered in the air like an unspoken accusation.​

Haein's glare remained steadfast as she addressed Yeri directly. "It's a good thing that we came here, right Yeri?"

 Her father attempted to steer the conversation elsewhere, offering forced smiles and nervous chuckles.