⩩08

━━━━⊱❀ • ❀⊰━━━━

↳ currently playing ;;[Howl] - [Chuu]

currently playing ;;
[Howl] - [Chuu]

Amidst the applause, Haein's surprise was evident as she shouted, "What?" But Jake merely responded with a silly smile, basking in the attention. The applause echoed throughout the room, drowning out Haein's bewildered protest.

However, amidst the sea of applause, Beomja and Soomin remained conspicuously silent, their glares directed towards the couple, each harboring their own reasons for disapproval.

Haein's glare bore into her father's smile, but Minho remained unperturbed as the ceremony proceeded. After the signing was complete, Haein stormed out, her white dress flowed behind her her frustration palpable.

Jake, however, dismissed her departure with a nonchalant comment, "She's so excited,"

With a bewildered expression, he glanced back at the guests, offering an apologetic shrug before hurrying after Haein, his strides a contrast to her determined march.

In the midst of the bewildered silence that followed Haein's abrupt departure, the two families exchanged uncertain glances, unsure of how to proceed. However, amidst the confusion, Grandpa, offered a small wave.

Outside, the newlyweds found themselves embroiled in a heated exchange. Haein's voice rose in frustration as she demanded answers, her words sharp with anger.

"Why did you do that? What the hell is wrong with you? Why didn't you say no?"

"And why did you say yes? You should have refused."

"I don't know! When I saw my dad, it just came out. I was waiting for your no," Haein shot back, her frustration mounting.

"That wasn't our agreement. We were only going to get married if your father didn't stop us," Jake argued, his voice filled with exasperation.

"Maybe my dad regretted it! And I don't know, he'll come right now and try to break us up,"

"Is that why he was holding Yeri's hand? Don't fool yourself, Haein. Your dad chose Yeri. Your plan is a flop,"

"I don't give a damn. I did my research. Within 24 hours, the wedding can be canceled. BRB, let me go and break off the wedding," Haein declared, determination fueling her every step.

Jake grabbed Haein's hand, pulling her back into his embrace, their faces mere inches apart as they locked eyes in a tense standoff. His voice was firm, yet laced with a hint of urgency as he spoke.

"Look at me, princess. We made a deal, and you'll stick by it. Now, we'll go and get our congratulations before they get suspicious."

Haein sighed, her resolve weakening in the face of his unwavering determination. With a resigned nod, she reluctantly followed him.