⩩25

━━━━⊱❀ • ❀⊰━━━━

↳ currently playing ;;[Apple ] - [Charli xcxc]

currently playing ;;
[Apple ] - [Charli xcxc]

The Kang heiress sat on the stairs, her posture slumped, with her head cradled in her hands.

The usually composed and confident woman was now having, an existential crisis.

"Why did I do that? I just disappointed Dad again, shit!" she muttered, her voice filled with frustration.

She buried her face deeper into her hands, the weight of her actions sinking in.

"What if I call the wedding off? He won't buy me the new Chanel gift set... But again, why did I do that?!"

Her mind raced as she tried to make sense of it all. "Defending that nincompoop, seriously?" She groaned.

A gentle breeze drifted through the hallway, like a whisper from the universe urging her to calm down. She closed her eyes, letting out a deep sigh, thinking that maybe, just maybe, she could find a moment of peace.

But as she opened her eyes, any hope of relaxation vanished.

Her breath caught in her throat as she saw the dean's young son darting toward the elevator-one that was clearly marked as under construction.

Without a second thought, she shot up from the stairs, adrenaline kicking in as she sprinted after him.

Finally catching up to the boy, she crouched down, trying to sound cheerful despite her racing heart.

"Oh hi, you little kid, where are you going?"

"Down, duh," he replied, pointing at the elevator.

"See that sign there? It says 'under construction.' You can't go there."

They engaged in a brief, ridiculous tug-of-war, the boy surprisingly strong for his size.

Then, before she could react, he bit her forearm. She yelped in pain, clutching her arm as he broke free and bolted down the hallway.

"I didn't know they came with a biting option," she muttered, wincing as she rubbed the sore spot.

She raced after him, her footsteps echoing in the empty hallway.

As she reached the elevator, she lunged for the open door, but it slid shut just as her fingers grazed the edge.

Haein's body froze, her mind struggling to process the sudden turn of events.

She stared at the boy, who, in response, stuck out his tongue and made mocking faces at her.