Chapter 12-Fanmeet

The next morning, sunlight streamed through the curtains, casting a warm glow on the room. Abhishek stirred, feeling the comforting weight of Cummins' arm draped over his waist. As he slowly came to, he noticed the state of the room around them. The bed sheets were in disarray, twisted and tangled from their intense night together. Pillows lay scattered across the floor, and pieces of clothing were strewn about haphazardly, a stark contrast to their usual neatness.

Abhishek carefully shifted, trying not to wake Cummins. He stretched, feeling the slight soreness in his muscles, a reminder of their passionate night. He moved quietly to the bathroom, splashing water on his face and looking at his reflection. His eyes, still bright with the lingering emotions, met his own, and he took a deep breath, grounding himself for the day ahead.

Back in the room, Cummins began to stir. His eyes fluttered open, and he blinked a few times before focusing on Abhishek, who was now standing by the window, looking out. Cummins tightened his arm around Abhishek's waist briefly before pushing himself up, his hair tousled from sleep, and gave a small smile.

"Morning," he said, his voice still husky with sleep.

Abhishek turned, a soft smile playing on his lips. "Morning, Pat. How are you feeling?"

Cummins stretched and then swung his legs over the side of the bed, running a hand through his hair. "Better, thanks to you." He looked up at Abhishek, his eyes reflecting gratitude and something deeper. "I... I'm sorry about last night. I was just... I needed you."

Abhishek walked over and sat next to him, placing a reassuring hand on his shoulder. "You don't need to apologize, Pat. We all have our moments. I'm just glad I could be there for you."

They sat in silence for a moment, the bond between them feeling stronger than ever. Finally, Cummins stood up, surveying the messy room with a chuckle. "Looks like we had quite a night."

Abhishek laughed softly, nodding in agreement. "Yeah, we did. But we should get ready. We have a fan meeting in few minutes.

They both began to dress, the routine movements grounding them back into their roles as professional cricketers.

After breakfast, the team headed out for their scheduled fan meeting. The SRH fan base had always been supportive and enthusiastic, and today was no exception. The venue was abuzz with excitement, fans eagerly waiting to meet their favorite cricketers. Abhishek and Cummins, along with the rest of the team, took their seats on the stage, ready to answer questions and interact with the fans.

The Q&A session kicked off with a few light-hearted questions, mostly about the previous matches and their strategies for the upcoming games. As the session progressed, a young fan stood up, nervously adjusting her glasses before speaking into the microphone.

"Hi, Pat," she began, her voice a little shaky. "I'm a big fan! I was wondering... when are you getting married?"

The room erupted in laughter and cheers, and Cummins chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck. He glanced at Abhishek, who gave him an encouraging nod.

"Well," Cummins started, his eyes flicking back to the fan, "maybe when the right time comes." He smiled warmly, and the crowd responded with applause and cheers, sensing the significance behind his words.

The next fan stood up, directing his question towards Head. "Travis, who's your biggest inspiration in cricket?"

Head smiled thoughtfully. "I'd say Ricky Ponting. His leadership and skill have always inspired me to be a better player."

The questions continued, with Natarajan being asked about his unique bowling style and his training regimen. He answered humbly, giving credit to his coaches and the support of his teammates.