Chapter 15-Marriage fixed?

Abhishek finished feeding Cummins, he stood up, stretching slightly to alleviate the stiffness from sitting for so long. He glanced at Cummins, who smiled warmly at him, his eyes filled with gratitude and love.

"Thank you, Abhi," Cummins said softly. "You really are my angel."

Abhishek's heart swelled at the words, and he leaned down to plant a gentle kiss on Cummins' forehead. "Anything for you, Pat," he replied tenderly.

At that moment, there was a soft knock on the door, and Abhishek turned to see the rest of the team entering the room. Markram, Jansen, Natarajan, Phillips, and Head walked in quietly, their faces etched with concern but brightening slightly when they saw Cummins awake and alert.

"Hey, Pat," Markram said, his voice filled with relief. "How are you holding up?"

Cummins offered a small, reassuring smile. "I've been better, but I'm hanging in there," he replied. "Thanks for coming, guys."

Jansen stepped forward, his eyes scanning Cummins' injuries with a mixture of worry and sympathy. "We were so scared when we heard what happened," he said. "It's good to see you awake."

Natarajan nodded in agreement. "We've been praying for you," he added. "You're a fighter, Pat. We knew you'd pull through."

Phillips and Head stood at the foot of the bed, their expressions reflecting their support and concern. "We're all here for you," Phillips said. "Whatever you need."

Abhishek stepped aside to give them space, watching as his teammates surrounded Cummins with their warmth and encouragement. He felt a deep sense of gratitude for their presence, knowing that Cummins would draw strength from their support.

Cummins looked around at his teammates, his heart full of appreciation. "Thank you, all of you," he said, his voice tinged with emotion. "It means a lot to have you here."

Head placed a hand on Cummins' shoulder. "We're a team, Pat," he said firmly. "We'll get through this together."

As the team continued to talk, Abhishek quietly moved to a corner of the room, giving them privacy while still keeping a watchful eye on Cummins. He couldn't help but smile as he saw the camaraderie and bond between them all. It was a reminder that they were not just teammates, but family.

After a while, Cummins motioned for Abhishek to come closer. "Abhi, you should hear this too," he said.

Abhishek walked back to the bedside, and Cummins took his hand, intertwining their fingers. "I just want to thank all of you again," Cummins said, addressing both his teammates and Abhishek. "I wouldn't be here without your support. And I especially want to thank Abhi, who has been my rock through all of this."

The team nodded in agreement, their admiration for Abhishek evident in their expressions. "We're all in this together," Markram reiterated. "And we're here for both of you."

Abhishek felt a lump form in his throat as he looked at the supportive faces around him. "Thank you, everyone," he said, his voice filled with gratitude. "Your support means everything to us."

As they continued to talk, the bond between them grew stronger, fortified by the trials they had faced and the unwavering support they had shown each other.

After few hours the team left, Abhishek and Cummins were alone in the room. Just then, a girl entered, moving quickly towards Cummins. She hugged him tightly and kissed him, causing Cummins to look shocked. "Emma?" he exclaimed, recognizing his ex-girlfriend.

Emma stepped back, her eyes scanning Abhishek from head to toe. "Who's this?" she asked, her tone filled with curiosity and a hint of suspicion.

"He's my friend, Abhishek," Cummins replied, a note of pride in his voice.