Chapter 23 - 9 Weeks

At the Hotel's restaurant that morning... 

Tao and Baekhyun were eating their breakfast, Tao's mother already left to visit some old friends of hers. "Baekhyun-ge, there's something I need to tell you" the younger nervously said.

"What is it panda?" Baekhyun stopped eating his attention solely on him.

 "Yifan asked me to leave with him to live in Canada and I accepted."

"Oh my god panda! When? Are you sure? What about your family?" Baekhyun exclaimed dumbfounded. 

"I'm sure gege, he is the love of my life, if I don't leave now I know I'll regret it. My parents will be upset and probably disown me, but Yifan is everything to me!" Tao said looking at his friend with tears in his eyes.  

"I know that you love him very much, there's nothing for me to say than 'go ahead!' Be happy with him!" The petite male hugged his friend. "thank you gege!"  

"I'm going to miss you so much, you are my only friend in China..." 

"Don't worry Baekhyun-ge, we'll stay in contact and we're not leaving without taking care of you. The apartment in Beijing is yours now! My car too."  

"Tao, I can't accept that, it's too much!" 

"Please Baekhyun-ge, you said you will let me take care of you and the baby remember?" 

"I...I don't know what to say. You've been great to me!" 

"Just say 'thanks, I'll take it' that's it! If you don't I will be mad." he said pouting cutely. 

"Then, thank you Tao-Tao" the younger hugged him again "Although, I know you and certain red-head are getting back together, I want you to know that we support you 100% in everything you." 

"We are not getting back together!" he protested.  

"Ah but you are, I'm sure you love him truly and so does he...you deserve to be happy again!" Baekhyun looked at him, wishing with all his heart that was true. 

"You're like a brother to me Tao, I will miss you." 

"Me too, Baekhyun-gege, I'll come back for your baby's birth." They smiled sharing a promise to see each other again.

Chanyeol's POV

I slept a couple of hours and spent morning watching the clock on the wall and praying for time to go faster. I need to see Baekhyun again, I have to show him that I love him so much, that I'm really sorry and without him there's no life for me. When I finally left the house I stopped at a gift store to buy a little something for our baby. I found a little white teddy bear. I asked the clerk if this toy could be given for a new born and the young man nodded saying it was a soft toy and had no small parts for the baby's safety. I thanked him thinking there were so many things I have to learn to take care of my son or daughter...  

"My little cupcake in the oven" I said out loud and the cashier gave me a weird look, I didn't pay attention to her and just smiled paying for the toy. I checked the address again and pushed the door to enter the clinic, Baekhyun was already there.  

"Hi" he simply said to me, looking at the teddy bear in my hands. 

"Hi Baekhyun...this is for our baby." I shyly gave him the little bear with a purple ribbon around his neck. I wasn't sure he was going to like it, but he took it with both hands, his eyes shining with tears. "he looks so beautiful" I thought mesmerized by his face.  

He just whispered a thank you but didn't look at me again. I knew it will take a long while before we could be like before...No! Everything will be better than before, I'll make sure of it!