Chapter 26 - I remember

Author's POV 

"Tao-er, please take a break now. You've been in this hospital for more than a week now. Please son, let's go home. Kris, wouldn't want you to neglect your and the baby's health," his mother stroked her son's hair gently, trying to coax him into complying with her wishes.

"What if he wakes up and I'm not here?" he replies, rubbing his bleary eyes with one hand as he held Kris' hand with the other. "Zitao, I agree with your mother. You should be resting and taking care of your health, instead you've barely been sleeping and the only time you leave this room is to buy food from the cafeteria. I'll stay here and call you immediately if anything changes, just go home and rest for awhile alright? Have a shower and a hot meal then you can come back," Mr. Wu reasoned with his son-in-law.

The raven-haired male hesitatingly nodded and sighed, saying, "Okay. I'll go but I'll be back in a few hours." 

Turning back to the unconscious blonde, he leaned down to place a soft kiss on his cheek, "Gege, I'm going for awhile but I'll be right back okay? I love you."

Kris' POV (Dream-state) 

Here I am again, going home after work but lately I've been feeling so empty. It's like something's missing, I just don't know what it is. 

I think... I think I just want to fall in love; find a partner that'll stand by my side and share our dreams and goals with each other. Is it possible to find someone who'll understand me with a single look? All these thoughts are running through my mind and I just don't know what to think anymore... Wait. Why am I parked in front of this house? This isn't my house. Where on earth am I? "Did I make a wrong turn?" I wondered aloud. 

I was definitely lost, this place is completely foreign to me. Honestly, how stupid can I get? I decided to leave my car and ask for some directions, it's going to be embarrassing but really, what choice do I have? I have no idea where I really am. I knocked on the door but received no answer, hearing the sound of someone talking, I walked round the property to the backyard and saw someone sitting in a rocking chair. 

It's a man with silky black hair, he doesn't know I'm here yet I think. I called out to him but he isn't paying any attention to me. It's almost as if he can't hear me. He's talking to somebody but he's alone. What's going on here? Is this man crazy? As I approached the individual I caught sight of his face and nearly did a double-take. God, he's handsome. Wait. More like beautiful... and extremely adorable. Maybe even a little sexy. Blushing at the direction my thoughts were heading, I focused on the words coming from said male's mouth and heard him say, 

"When I met your father, we nearly tore each other to pieces!" he giggled, "We hated each other's guts but to be honest, I fell in love with him the minute I saw him. He was very handsome and also really tall. I loved how blonde his hair was and how long his fingers were, especially when they were interlaced with mine.