Chapter 2: I Want to Start a Family

Jana breathes in the fresh air Japan gives her. Standing in her balcony clad in her silk robe, she looks at the trees in front of the house. She always loved Japan and was happy to stay here for some time with Dianna. She looks back to see Dianna's naked form sleeping peacefully while the sun starts to rise up making Jana smile fondly at her wife before looking back at the rising sun. Squinting her eyes, she walks back inside her room just as Dianna wakes up from her sleep.

"Good morning beautiful" Jana leans down kissing Dianna tenderly she feels her lips tug up to a smile.

"Good morning sappy" Dianna teases as they pull away receiving a playful glare from Jana.

"I stand by my accusation. I blame you for it" Jana says kissing her again. "You bring out the sap in me" she adds loving the sound of Dianna's laughter that rings through her ear. "We should get down for breakfast" Jana says as Dianna sits up stretching her limbs out before wrapping her own robe around her body. Jana can't help but stare at Dianna's body just before it was covered by silk robe.

"Saw anything you like J?" Dianna teases not missing the look her wife gave her. Jana rolls her eyes at her before pulling her closer.

"Mmmm...I think breakfast can wait" Jana purrs into her ear making Dianna visibly shiver. Before they could relive their activities last night, they both hear Yuki calling them downstairs for breakfast. Dianna laughs whole heartedly at the look on Jana's face.

"I'm starting to think obachan knows what your mind is thinking J" she tells Jana who laughs while shaking her head.

"I think so too" the brunette says before she takes hold of Dianna's hand and lead them to the dining room where Yuki and Kaname are waiting.

"Had a good sleep you two?" Yuki asks making Jana blush.

"Very" Dianna asnwers as they take their seats on the floor in front of their breakfast.

"Eat up dear. Jana told me about you being a vegetarian. I made you a very special breakfast" Yuki says dearly to Dianna who smiles gratefully at the older woman.

"I'm getting jealous over Dianna obachan. I'm starting to think you like her more than me" Jana pouts getting everyone to laugh.

"Oh hush Michi. You and Kumiko are still my number one. Now that Dianna is here, there's three of you in my number one spot" Yuki tells her granddaughter who just shrugs before taking a bite of her breakfast. Jana can't help but moan at the taste of her food. She'd always loved Yuki's cooking and it brought her back to the time she was still a kid running around this very house.

"Obachan, you're cooking is still the best. It's like I'm a kid again" Jana says taking another bite of her breakfast. Dianna watches her in amusement and agrees immediately after tasting Yuki's cooking.

"Speaking of kids, when are you two planning on having one?" Yuki asks as Kaname watches in amusement. Jana and Dianna stops eating the same time to look at the older woman across them. They haven't really thought about starting a family even after being married for almost two years now. Not that they'd get a chance to talk about it because of their busy schedules. Jana puts down her chopsticks as she ponders the question while Dianna looks at her. "Me and your ojichan aren't getting any younger. I want to see my great granddaughter before our time is up" Yuki says and Jana smiles at her before looking at Dianna who she finds was also looking at her.

"We haven't really talked about it" Jana starts taking hold Dianna's hand as they look back at Yuki and Kaname. "Because we're so busy with our jobs we never had a chance to talk about starting a family" she finishes.

"I mean, I'd love to start a family but only if Jana will" Dianna says blushing.

"Michi?" Jana hears Kaname say. They'd always called her by her Japanese name and she loves them for that.

"Of course I'd love to start a family with you Di" Jana was looking at Dianna when those words left her mouth as to which Dianna looks back at her with tears brimming in her eyes.

"Great!" Yuki exclaims getting the attention of the two. But she sees something in Jana's eyes that was akin to doubt. "Let's finish our meal before they get cold" she adds and everyone eats their breakfast.

As Dianna takes a stroll outside with Kaname, Yuki approaches her granddaughter who was looking at the mountians, a definite sign of her doubt.

"Michi, what's wrong dear?" Yuki asks gently as Jana turns around to smile at her obachan.

"Nothing obachan" she lies.

"I know you. What is it?" Yuki stands beside Jana as she looks straight into Jana's light brown eyes she inherited from her mother.

"What if I'm not..." Jana stops taking a deep breath. "What if I'm not good enough to be a parent?" she finishes and Yuki understands her doubts.

"Michi, no one is ready to become a parent. No one teaches you how to take care of a baby but you'll never know unless you have one" Yuki says to her.

"I know obachan. It's just...Dianna is an amazing woman and she'll make a great mom. What if I fail to do that?" Jana looks down sighing.

"You will be a wonderful mom. I've seen the way you treat Jaycee. Michi, it's okay to be afraid. I remember being afraid when I was carrying your dad. But all the fear went away when I fist held your father. It'll be okay." Yuki says as Jana looks back at her smiling gratefully.

"Thanks obachan" Jana hugs Yuki just as Dianna and Kaname comes back.

"Hey" Dianna greets her as she slips her arm around Jana's waist.

"How was your walk?" Jana asks slipping her own arm to Dianna's waist.

"Great. Kyoto is such a wonderful place" Dianna tells her saying thank you to the older Kuran's who smile at her before they excuse themselves to give the two privacy.

"I'm glad you like it. How about we go out and visit the places I used to go to when I was a kid?" Jana suggests and Dianna agrees immediately. They leave after changing their clothes and telling Yuki and Kaname they might take a while because Jana plans on giving Dianna a tour of her lifetime, sort of.

They visited the shrines Jana used to visit with Yuki and Kaname before she brings Dianna to the heritage sites. Travelling by car, Dianna sees the beautiful trees as they drive through the city stopping at some shops for Dianna to buy some memento. Jana takes pictures of every place they visit so they could visit again when they get the chance to do so. After Dianna is content with her mementos, Jana takes her to the Iwatayama Monkey Park where they feed the monkeys. Dianna taking stolen pictures of Jana as she feeds some of the monkeys. Some of the visitors recognizes Jana and asks for a picture which the former actress happily accepts.

"Thank you" Dianna says as she takes hold of Jana's free hand. The sun has set and they were on their way home after a long day of driving around Kyoto. Jana glances at her flashing her a smile before looking back at the road.

"You're welcome" she says and Dianna leans in to kiss her cheek as their car stop and she feels Jana smiling. They arrive back at the Kuran house just before 9, being greeted by Kaname and Yuki before they say their goodnights.

Jana sits on their bed, her back against the headboard waiting for Dianna to finish her bath. She closes her eyes hearing the bathroom door open before she feels the bed dip on her side.

"What are you thinking?" she hears Dianna whisper and opens her eyes to look at the blonde.

"Us" she says honestly as Dianna settles herself on Jana's sides.

"What about us?" Dianna asks resting her head on her wife's shoulder.

"How you'll be a great mom" Jana whispers. Dianna looks at her.

"We'll be great moms" she says getting a chuckle from Jana.

"Yeah, we'll be cool moms" Jana winks and this time it was Dianna's turn to chuckle.

"Of course. We'll be the coolest moms ever" the blonde tells her as they lay down. "I can't wait to start a family" Dianna whispers closing her eyes and feeling Jana pressing a kiss on her head.

"Me too" Jana whispers back feeling tired from their day's activities. "I love you"

"I love you too" Dianna says back before they fall asleep.